Found: Nice uncrowded, quiet beach

jabcruiser

On ‎4‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 2:26 PM, helensobol said:

Good Info about the coral. That might be a no go for us.  

I didn't have a set time to get off.  We normally get off fairly early unless my daughter is exhausted.   I aim to be off before 9am. 

I'm never a fan of not having an agenda getting off the ship and we leave next week.  I have read so many different reviews on Barbados and can't decide on the best thing for us.    I was debating the Boatyard and Copacabana but then I recently read awful reviews of Copa on trip advisor. 

I am planning for my trip in November. Went to Copa before, but as you said, recent reviews are not good. Please come back and share where you ended up going.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
56 minutes ago, NateUpNorth said:

This sounds like the perfect spot.

Has anyone done any snorkelling from shore here? 

Walk away from Bridgetown on the beach until the sun bed rentals stop.  Snorkel out from there.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, back to the islands said:

So there is some decent snorkeling at Brighton's Beach if you walk the opposite direction from Bridgetown to the sun bed rentals? I might want to do this! 

I was talking about Carlisle.  The conversation seemed to have veered off from Brighton's.

• 1 month later...

Thanks for posting...just came back and decided to visit Brandon's Beach.

There were 4 ships docked when we were in Barbados.  Our ship, the Freedom OTS, was docked the farthest away from the cruise terminal.  If was so far that the ship or the port provided a free bus or trolley just to get to the main terminal.

We were fortunate and found a wonderful spot with a bench under a large tree.  Yes, you have to be careful with the corrals/rocks in the water....there's an area where the bottom is mostly sandy...you can easily tell where it is because that's where most swimmers congregated.  The beach was pretty much empty in the morning but got a bit crowded around noon time.  Note: I think people are discovering Brandon's Beach and will soon be popular as another option...oh well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I love Brandon's Beach, but the problem is getting a taxi to take you there. The taxi drivers want to take you further away, to get a bigger fare, so they usually say that there is some sort of problem there, or there are no chairs available, or no facilities there anymore.