Junior suite access to concierge

Chiliburn

31 minutes ago, bonsai3s said:

Chiliburn...perhaps you'll get an email from the Concierge before the cruise...you can ask him/her via email.

As someone else suggested, ask privately.  It doesn't hurt to ask.  Please come back and tell us how it turned out.  Happy Sailing!

Thanks for the interest,that’s probably what we will do.

It’s a Australian sailing and there’s not as many higher crown&ancors in our neck of the woods .so the lounges don’t get as crowded as in the states.

19 minutes ago, DiamondSuiteCruiser said:

It could happen, but please do not bribe them, it could get them in trouble or embarrass them.  On several trips both on Royal and Celebrity, we were in the RS and PH suites and was asked by the concierge why we haven't been in the lounge. We explained that we have my MIL with us and she is in a balcony room so we are just hanging out at other bars/places. It was no big deal because we always have drink packages and we are not a big fans of the crowded CL or MC, but every time we have been told to bring her in with us, that it would be no problem. We never asked for them to break the rules nor make an exception for her, but they did make the offer and we appreciated it. We took her in a few times so she could see that we weren't missing anything special. Maybe if you nicely mention to the concierge that you won't be in the lounge much because no larger suites were available to book for your mother, so you will need to find places that you can go with her, they may make an exception. Good luck and enjoy your cruise!

No I wouldn’t want to do anything improper and put the lovely concierge in trouble.

I asked a naive question,that’s all.

The lounges have a different clientele,worldly travelers with very interesting conversations.

Edited by Chiliburn

You don't mention which ship, but I am assuming it is one that does indeed have a concierge lounge - in which case are any of the people travelling Diamond Plus? If so, put that person in the JS, as they get access to the concierge lounge through virtue of their status.

Then when on board get that person and the mum to get door cards for each other's cabins and then move in to where they really 'should' be.

Net result - the mum is in the JS but according to the ship is actually in a GS so gets access to the concierge lounge.

Failing that, as mentioned above, just ask the concierge.... but also as mentioned above don't talk about it, some people are very sensitive to rules being bent/broken.

2 minutes ago, beardedladies said:

You don't mention which ship, but I am assuming it is one that does indeed have a concierge lounge - in which case are any of the people travelling Diamond Plus? If so, put that person in the JS, as they get access to the concierge lounge through virtue of their status.

Then when on board get that person and the mum to get door cards for each other's cabins and then move in to where they really 'should' be.

Net result - the mum is in the JS but according to the ship is actually in a GS so gets access to the concierge lounge.

Failing that, as mentioned above, just ask the concierge.... but also as mentioned above don't talk about it, some people are very sensitive to rules being bent/broken.

The ship is the best in the fleet,The voyager. 12 December 2019 .just after her refit in Singapore.

Actually that jogs my memory,wasn’t there talk about the concierge lounge being removed and interior cabins being put there????

4 hours ago, cello56 said:

Oh, so if the person in question is 'old' then exceptions should be made? What about if it's a child who lives far away? How about your best friends who don't cruise as much as you? The list of people who feel their friends and family deserve to be 'exceptions' could go on and on and on. On our cruise last month on Serenade, there were officers and crew on both the lounge doors every single night for the entire happy hour time. They asked to see your cards everyday. The message from RCI  was very clear that only those who were supposed to be in the lounges were welcome.

Good to hear.  I will be on serenade in Feb for 21 nights.  Glad that royal is checking to make sure people that have access are the only ones allowed.  On serenade the cl and dl gets pretty busy and crowded.

43 minutes ago, Mythbuster said:

Actually they did...they said "only junior suites were available"  It is very easy to scroll up and re-read the OP.

Thanks for the heads up.  I forgot that they said that, when I read it late last night,

I was only trying to give suggestions to help get their MIL into the CL, through appropriate methods. In the meantime they should keep checking to see if one happens to open up, or add her to their GS like I suggested earlier. 

56 minutes ago, steveru621 said:

D+ passengers are being kicked out of the concierge club on a few ships.  Will access to the club now be a privilege the concierge can now dispense for money?

Exactly what ship has kicked out D+ passengers from the Concierge Lounge (Club) ????  I’m not aware of any. 

A update 

yes only junior suites available. There’s 1 bedroom grand suites but they are right at the back of the ship. To far to walk.

After a bit of research when voyager is refitted the concierge lounge is being moved to The Viking crown area where Izumi is and will be a suite lounge.

• Like 1

On 12/28/2018 at 11:33 PM, Chiliburn said:

Between a group we have booked 3 grand suites .One of their mums wants to come but there’s only a junior suite available.

Can the concierge ( for a good tip) give the junior suite access to the lounges with the silver card?

From experience the concierge can bend the rules.$$$

On 12/28/2018 at 11:46 PM, Chiliburn said:

Ok that answers my question.

But I’m sure they would be welcome with our company.Never had problems in the past.

So why are you asking the question? Sounds like you have done it before as you put it "never had problems in the past". People like you just make the lounges more crowded with those that don't deserve to be in there.

44 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

So why are you asking the question? Sounds like you have done it before as you put it "never had problems in the past". People like you just make the lounges more crowded with those that don't deserve to be in there.

ReneeFLL

I haven’t asked this question before.

We will just leave the old bag at home .

love your imput ever thought it is negative 

Recently on Adventure I  was waiting to ask the Concierge a question and the lady in front in a Grand Suite asked the concierge if their other family members in a balcony could join them in the evenings.  The Concierge said yes.  His reason was due to there being only about 10 or so people in the lounge at any given time.   YMMV

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, PerferWarmWeather said:

Recently on Adventure I  was waiting to ask the Concierge a question and the lady in front in a Grand Suite asked the concierge if their other family members in a balcony could join them in the evenings.  The Concierge said yes.  His reason was due to there being only about 10 or so people in the lounge at any given time.   YMMV

That would be reasonable if the lounge was quite but you wouldn’t ask if it was a full house.

• Clarea locked this topic