Who Will Be The Captain on The Koningsdam March 2019?

doone

5 minutes ago, iflyrc5 said:

Copper - we will be on the Koningsdam Jan 13 - Feb 24.  If you can please let us know the Capt, Hotel Director and CD.   Thanks,

Evening I fly; you'll actually have two captains; starting off with Dutchman Capt. Werner Timmers, relieved by Canadian Capt. Darren Bowland

HD will be Santosh Chandrasekher Nair, a really good guy from India. CD is as of yet unk. Enjoy that voyage on K-dam

11 minutes ago, galipemi said:

I've missed your wealth of knowledge Copper!  That'll teach me to stay away from CC for so long.

Good chance it's too early but - any idea who's slated to be the CD on the Eurodam for the April 13 sailing to Hawaii?

Yeah sorry, still a bit too early. I'll be on EUDM tomorrow; will attempt to find out for you

5 hours ago, iflyrc5 said:

Copper - we will be on the Koningsdam Jan 13 - Feb 24.  If you can please let us know the Capt, Hotel Director and CD.   Thanks,

I was on the Konigsdam for the first cruise after drydock and posted that Thomas Weber was the CD.  When I asked him, he told me that his contract is up March 17th so he will still be the CD for your cruise, too..

17 hours ago, Copper10-8 said:
17 hours ago, doone said:

Wondering who will be the captain of the Koningsdam for our March 6th cruise??

Captain Arno Jutten, a Dutchman

??

According to Captain Albert's blog K'dam's Captain in March will be Darren Bowland (February 2nd to April 20th).  Arno Jutten is scheduled to be on Maasdam at that time.

Just checking??? :classic_unsure:

41 minutes ago, VMax1700 said:

??

According to Captain Albert's blog K'dam's Captain in March will be Darren Bowland (February 2nd to April 20th).  Arno Jutten is scheduled to be on Maasdam at that time.

Just checking??? :classic_unsure:

You are correct, thanks; I looked at the wrong ship - FYI Doone

Image result for Captain Darin Bowland

3 minutes ago, Copper10-8 said:

Then I will just miss you/going home from K-dam on the 27th. Timing, as they say, is everything

That is disappointing!  Ships that pass in the night etc!  

Perhaps you could answer a security question for me?  At a port of call, if someone leaves a package with the guys at gangway security, that is addressed to an officer on the ship, would it get delivered?

8 minutes ago, VMax1700 said:

That is disappointing!  Ships that pass in the night etc!  

Perhaps you could answer a security question for me?  At a port of call, if someone leaves a package with the guys at gangway security, that is addressed to an officer on the ship, would it get delivered?

Yes, it should, after going through X-Ray screening and if it's for the same ship and not for one not in port/somewhere else in the world. When a ship gets into port, packages and mail usually gets delivered via the port agent to the crew officer/PPO. Your problem might be physically getting to the security guys working the gangway unless you have a way of overcoming that :classic_wink:

34 minutes ago, Copper10-8 said:

Yes, it should, after going through X-Ray screening and if it's for the same ship and not for one not in port/somewhere else in the world. When a ship gets into port, packages and mail usually gets delivered via the port agent to the crew officer/PPO. Your problem might be physically getting to the security guys working the gangway unless you have a way of overcoming that :classic_wink:

Koningsdam will be in port with Nieuw Statendam in St Thomas on April 4th.  They will be the only ships that day, so should be side by side.  If I just go across to the gangway of the NS, will someone accept the package, do you think?