Ruby Princess TVs

CRUZIN SUSAN

2 hours ago, CRUZIN SUSAN said:

Can anyone tell me if the Ruby has new flatscreen TVs.  If so, where are they located and what has happened to the shelf unit where the tv had been placed?  Are there available US style plugs left there for our use? 

Hopefully someone will answer that knows but if not I will let you know in a few weeks. 

20 minutes ago, victory2020 said:

Yes, it has the new TVs, they were finishing up the installation last November. There was nothing in the space where the old ones were at - we used it as storage. My husband said there was a plug there, he used it to charge cell phones

So, they're wall mounted?

OK, I used to call this double outlet my little secret. It used to service the TV and fridge. Used to plug in a power strip and hide a bunch of electronics behind the TV. Why they removed one of the outlets is strange. 

Just now, Mom_of_Al said:

Just off the Ruby. In my cabin, the TV was not flat wall mounted. It was placed diagonally in the corner just above the shelf where the old TV was located. Because of the TV placement, you really couldn't use the shelf.

That's a bummer.  Which cabin were you in?  I wonder why it was not flat wall mounted.

7 hours ago, QuilterGirl said:

Just off the Ruby last week.  Yes, they were LG. 

They seem to be using LG TV's for replacements lately.

5 hours ago, Mom_of_Al said:

Just off the Ruby. In my cabin, the TV was not flat wall mounted. It was placed diagonally in the corner just above the shelf where the old TV was located. Because of the TV placement, you really couldn't use the shelf.

You can still use the area behind the TV. It's a little tight to access but there was plenty of room for a tablet & cell phone at the same time. 

8 hours ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

That's a bummer.  Which cabin were you in?  I wonder why it was not flat wall mounted.

We were in an inside cabin, and I think it was due to the way the inside cabins are laid out. They are smaller, and there are large mirrors to give the illusion that the room is larger, so there was really no other place to put it.

15 hours ago, Mom_of_Al said:

We were in an inside cabin, and I think it was due to the way the inside cabins are laid out. They are smaller, and there are large mirrors to give the illusion that the room is larger, so there was really no other place to put it.

We have an inside cabin booked on the ruby in a few weeks; I'm curious what the placement of the TV will be. 

22 minutes ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

We have an inside cabin booked on the ruby in a few weeks; I'm curious what the placement of the TV will be. 

For us, it was in one corner of the room, directly across from the foot of one bed. That bed didn't have the best view of the TV. The  other bed was better positioned to see the TV.

• 2 months later...

I'm hoping to get answer to the HDMI cable question.  We were on the Eurodam in January.  The ship had new Samsung TV's with fancy menus.  Thanks to a CC member., I took along an HDMI cable and a Samsung remote to change the input and I was in business.  Later I discovered that I didn't even need the cable, I was able to stream directly to the TV from my tablet, phone and notebook.  

I am hoping to be able to do the same on the Ruby -- 15 day Hawaii is coming up -- lots of sea days.  (it would be nice to have a place to sit :classic_wink:)

15 hours ago, CRUZBUDS said:

Later I discovered that I didn't even need the cable, I was able to stream directly to the TV from my tablet, phone and notebook.  

You must have had an unlimited internet plan.

On 1/2/2019 at 6:04 PM, Pam in CA said:

On the wall opposite the bed. The shelf where the TV was is now extra storage with a more accessible outlet.

929BF854-612B-4C41-B5D8-034C36FC1B85.jpeg

Unless you're in an inside cabin.

We were on the Ruby in an inside in January and the TV was in the same place (but wall mounted). A small amount of room under the TV. The outlets were there, but behind the TV and the TV was plugged in to one of them.