My big Princess EZ Air question

Alaskanb

"You get what you pay for" is a quote that has stuck in my mind regarding use of Princess EZ Air. We will be doing so for the first time in November on one-way Business /First flights from the UK to the US. The TATL flight is on Virgin Atlantic to Atlanta followed by a domestic one on Delta. There is a 4-5 hr layover in Atlanta. 

My BIG question is how do we handle flight cancellations  on the day of flight? Do we contact EZ Air and they reschedule us or will the airline do that? 

I would first deal with the airline at the airport. They should take care of you like you had booked directly with them.

I had a situation this summer where it looked like I missed my flight due to not getting to a gate between flights (weather related). I went to the United counter and they helped me with my next flight.

If that doesn't work - I would call the emergency number Princess gives you.

Edited by Coral
  • Thanks 1

You are given a EZair phone number to call in case of problems with your flight and they will take care of it.  However it probably is more expedient to talk to the airline but usually there is a long line to do that.  You have two alternatives in case of airline delays/cancellations.  If the delay/cancellation will cause you to arrive at the port late then calling EZair is the best solution.  

Don't wait in line for the Airline to help at the terminal, call the Airline customer service from your cell phone 😄. The desk agents don't have the same level of authority anyway but customer service can help.

We dealt with this in December. Our flight SEA to SFO was delayed by 3 hours.  We were destined to miss our connection in SFO and there weren't other flights out of SFO to get us to FLL in time to make departure in Florida.  We weren't the only ones with this dilemma on our flight.  The others waited in line and got routed to a different flight to SFO - they still likely didn't make the connection.  I called Alaska Airlines and explained the situation but asked if they could get us to somewhere in Florida - didn't have to be FLL.  Alaska was amazing and  they rerouted us (a family of 6) to MIA on American via a direct flight; we actually landed earlier than we would have.  We then called Princess and let them know what was going on.   They put us on a transfer from MIA to the port instead of FLL.

Was it ideal?  Nope and next year we're hoping to be able to fly in a day earlier - schedules didn't allow it this time.

Did we know if we'd have bags in FL? Nope but FL has Ubers and Walmarts so we would have been ok until our bags caught up.  Really my goal was to get to FL in time to make the boat!

I know it's good to plan for any circumstance, but I wonder if it's wise to worry about something that is unlikely to happen. With a 4- or 5-hour layover, you should have plenty of time to clear immigration and customs in Atlanta and make your connecting flight.

2 hours ago, geoherb said:

I know it's good to plan for any circumstance, but I wonder if it's wise to worry about something that is unlikely to happen. With a 4- or 5-hour layover, you should have plenty of time to clear immigration and customs in Atlanta and make your connecting flight.

I agree that a 4 to 5 hour layover shouldn’t result in any problems, but I understand the OP’s inquiry.  I wouldn’t worry about it, but I do think it’s wise to have a backup plan in case there’s a problem.  

8 hours ago, Kunjaqueen said:

Don't wait in line for the Airline to help at the terminal, call the Airline customer service from your cell phone 😄. The desk agents don't have the same level of authority anyway but customer service can help.

I say do both. I was on the phone with United (on hold) for a very long time on the run way and never got through. Once I got off the plane, I was helped right away by a United agent. There were weather issues in both Houston and Chicago so the phones were way backlogged.

1 minute ago, long cruiser said:

I hope you don't have any delays.Use the business/first lounge for your layover.

longc ruiser

They have agents in there who can assist also. And the line is shorter.

35 minutes ago, Coral said:

They have agents in there who can assist also. And the line is shorter.

That's my suggestion. As you are flying Business/First, if there are any issues head directly to the lounge and work with the agents there to get a new routing. No lines and top level service.

10 hours ago, terry&mike said:

That's my suggestion. As you are flying Business/First, if there are any issues head directly to the lounge and work with the agents there to get a new routing. No lines and top level service.

I can't say top level service. I did head to the lounge. The woman I got didn't understand "bulk tickets" and didn't know if she could move me to another flight in Business Class. So she called her number and was on the phone for 20-30 minutes (like I had been on the runway when I tried calling - storms in both Chicago and Houston so everyone was calling). Eventually - someone else showed up and helped her and said "Business Class goes to Business Class" and it took her 2 seconds to rebook me.