Infirmary on Escape location?

Red-Sol

Hi Folks,

Has anyone been to the Infirmary on the Escape and know for sure where it is located? After doing tons of searches through google and looking at various deck plans I still can't tell. Most deck plans don't show it at all...while there are a couple of vague references that say it might be on Deck 5 or it might be on Deck 13? Anyone know for sure?

1 hour ago, Two_UW_Badgers said:

It’s on 13 or 12. Not 5. 

Thanks my guess has been 13 as well.

1 hour ago, senseib said:

Thanks... I saw that pocket guide for Escape before...but the funny thing is none of the actual individual deck plans I looked at (Including NCL's official ones) show it on Deck 13. Someone on our roll call has called NCL trying to get information from them regarding where it is located...and they don't seem to know either...who'd have thunk it? :classic_wink:

Edited by Red-Sol

I can imagine that someone who already knows that they will need to visit the Medical Center (because of needing to store medicine, for example) might want to know in advance where it is. It really isn't marked on the deck plan on the NCL website, only on the pocket guide. Pocket guides may be found by scrolling all the way to the bottom of the home page and choosing "Apps and Downloads."

Edited by kochleffel
  • Like 1

I don't find it strange in the least whether or not you know you will need it.  I always like to know ahead of time just in case it is needed rather than wasting time trying to find it when needed.  Haven't ever needed to go to the medical center but it always makes me feel better knowing where it is (just in case).  I was also avidly following the posts on what to do if you get left behind at a port - I have no intention of missing departure (or even cutting it close) but I like to know what to do just in case.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, JerseyMom said:

I don't find it strange in the least whether or not you know you will need it.  I always like to know ahead of time just in case it is needed rather than wasting time trying to find it when needed.  Haven't ever needed to go to the medical center but it always makes me feel better knowing where it is (just in case).  I was also avidly following the posts on what to do if you get left behind at a port - I have no intention of missing departure (or even cutting it close) but I like to know what to do just in case.

Yeah I think it is a good thing to know. On my first cruise I got sea sick and I had to go there to get meds. I sometimes wonder why people act so rude to others. SMH. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, cathi007 said:

Why so rude? Maybe he has a medical issue. I thought it was a good question, I would like to know too. Be nice

I agree...

Good information to know, especially if there is questionable information being provided and people at NCL aren't even sure.

I cannot believe how rude some people are on this forum at times.

They must have awakened on the wrong side of the bed or they take nasty pills!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kochleffel said:

I can imagine that someone who already knows that they will need to visit the Medical Center (because of needing to store medicine, for example) might want to know in advance where it is. It really isn't marked on the deck plan on the NCL website, only on the pocket guide. Pocket guides may be found by scrolling all the way to the bottom of the home page and choosing "Apps and Downloads."

Exactly! I realize it is a different ship..but the NCL Deck Plans for Bliss show medical on Deck 13 very close to the middle. Deck Plans for 13 for Escape don't show it at all. Some other sites deck plans show medical on 5 as an example: 

https://www.cruisemapper.com/deckplans/Norwegian-Escape-878/deck05-1404

Look in the legend at bottom where it says:

• Medical Center is the NCL Escape ship’s infirmary (onboard hospital) operated by resident doctors/physicians and nurses on 24-hour call duty. Opening hours are between 8 am and 8 pm. The infirmary is equipped with defibrillators, external pacemakers, pulse oximeters, an ECG (electrocardiograph machine), thrombolytic and lab equipment. Treatments at the ship hospital are equivalent to a private doctor’s visit. All treatments and medications are at extra charge. The only exception is Bonine (seasickness medication) also available at no charge at the ship’s Reception (24 hours). Payments are made by the NCL boarding pass. General health insurance policies do not apply, so buying cruise health insurance is recommended.

Well, as trained first responder and in medical reserve, I generally look for & noticed the nearest, available AED nearby for similar reasons - as a good to know.  It is something you hope & don't plan on, wish to use but knowing its availablilty is a plus since I can't pack or take it as part of my IFAK/Go Kit.  

Not to worry, we will be boarding the ship soon, staying on 13 Fwd, I will do an on-site scouting & do a walk-by to see for myself, and it should be nearby.  

I am reasonably sure it is NOT on deck 5 unless it is well hidden ("unmarked" ??)as we stayed on that deck previously.  We will take good care of the ship & bring in back in 2 weeks for your "group".  

Edited by mking8288
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, mking8288 said:

I am reasonably sure it is NOT on deck 5 unless it is well hidden ("unmarked" ??)as we stayed on that deck previously.  We will take good care of the ship & bring in back in 2 weeks for your "group".

Have a great cruise and wishing you all to have a really great time! Bon Voyage! :classic_smile:

• Thanks 1