Interconnecting Cabins

ommthree

Hi All,

-A quick question on how Celebrity charges with interconnecting cabins. If I got a Sky Suite and a connecting balcony room for my eight-year-old son, would they charge the full rate for both cabins, or how would it work?

-Also, would my son be able to accompany us in the Suite dining room and Michael's Club etc?

-I saw that there are several Sky Suites with connecting rooms on Reflection. Are there any Celebrity or Signature Suites with that configuration? I couldn't see any at first glance.

Thank you!

Yes, it would be full rate for both cabins. I don't think they will allow an 8 year old to be the sole name on a cabin, so you might need to split.

Which then goes to your other question, only the suite guests will be allowed in those venues. If you need to book your son in the suite, then yes, but then I am assuming a parent would not be allowed. 

41 minutes ago, ommthree said:

Thanks a lot.

So what if we booked the suite for the three of us, and then booked the connecting cabin for our imaginary friend? 

🙂

Pretty sure you would have to pay for two imaginary friends in the adjoining cabin!!!!!

44 minutes ago, ommthree said:

Thanks a lot.

So what if we booked the suite for the three of us, and then booked the connecting cabin for our imaginary friend? 

A friend who is a no show ?/ The cabin would be sold off once the ships sails. Also the cost for the cabin is full fee for each of 2 people. The cruise would cost you for four. 

🙂

58 minutes ago, ommthree said:

Thanks a lot.

🙂

Unfortunately you would have to submit 'imaginary' documents for your imaginary friends and then they would have to check in and board to get the sea passes, etc.

I've been told that if you book a suite room that connects with a non-suite room those in that room can enjoy Luminae and Michael's with the suite passengers. I don't think that is widely known and it's not commonly shared by Celebrity, however.

12 minutes ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

Take a look at a Royal Suite for the 3 of you.  They have a bath and a half and a separate bed room.

Excellent advice. However the RS on M class ships has just one bath, no separate powder room. We are booked on Summit and used to the S class Royal with the 1.5 bath floor plan.

We just did something similar on the Summit on the December 22, 2018 sailing..  My husband and I were in a Royal Suite and I booked the connecting Concierge Suite for my 11-year old son.  My husband and I were listed in the Royal Suite and my 11-year old was listed alone in the Concierge Suite.  I would suggest calling in to Celebrity to make this booking so they can link the two reservations to show that you are all traveling together.  Yes, they will book a child alone in a room as long as it's connecting to a room with an adult listed.  Yes, you will have to pay the single supplement for the cabin only your son is occupying which is basically cruise fare for 2 people plus taxes and fees for just 1 person.  

When I made this booking, I confirmed, by phone, twice, that my son would be welcomed in to both Michael's Club and Luminae (at no additional fee).  I was also told he would get all of the suite perks minus the items listed on the Go Best package which are only for the first 2 guests in the suite. There was a little confusion when we first boarded as no one seemed to know the policy, but the concierge in Michael's Club called shoreside and had what I had been told on the phone confirmed by the next day and then alerted the maitre d' in Luminae regarding the situation.  We did not have any issues after that.  When calling to book, I would confirm with them that your son will be allowed to join you in Michael's Club and in Luminae and perhaps even ask if they can provide this policy to you in writing to keep confusion at bay when you board.

I am not familiar with the ship you are planning to sail on (Summit was our first Celebrity cruise), but, for convenience sake, after going through the confusion we had when first embarking, I would actually recommend putting all three of you in a suite that has a bedroom and pullout in a living room.  You will avoid all confusion and misinformation by doing that.  I honestly felt like my son was treated like a second-class citizen when we first boarded and it left a bit of a bad taste in my mouth, after confirming twice before booking this configuration, that he would be afforded the suite perks (minus the Go Best package).  I also think, when pricing it out, you may find one bigger suite to be around the same cost or possibly less than the Sky suite plus connecting room.  At the end of the day, we did enjoy our cruise and booked again for next year, but we will all be in one suite from here on out.

We just booked an S1 with a connecting veranda room for our 10 yr old daughter on an S class ship. No problem with the booking since the rooms are adjoining, and no need to list an adult on her room (booked directly with Celebrity). Celebrity even listed her name on the room alone, and I keep needing to remind them that I am the responsible party for payment!

Her room charges were only a little less than the double occupancy charges (adding a second person to that room, which we may do, will incur only additional taxes). Celebrity confirmed that she can eat in Luminae with us at no extra charge. Technically it is on a space availability basis, but likely not a problem.

FWIW we usually sail with the three of us in an RS on M class ships, and found it more than large enough despite the single bath with no powder room. The two rooms just happened to be less expensive this time!

3 hours ago, K12Guy said:

Excellent advice. However the RS on M class ships has just one bath, no separate powder room. We are booked on Summit and used to the S class Royal with the 1.5 bath floor plan.

Yes, but the OP mentioned Reflection so assumed they were on an S class.  

Celebrity's policy, since introducing Luminae, has allowed minor children traveling in a non suite room with their parents in a suite to dine in Luminae with their parents.  There is an age cut off but not sure what it is. An 8 year old would certainly qualify to dine in Luminae.