Ft Lauderdale Beach Hotel - Marriott or Starwood

DisneyCrazy123

I am looking for a hotel option in Ft Lauderdale or nearby that is on the Beach.  We would like to be able to hang out at the Beach the Friday before our Feb. 16th cruise departing from Pt. Everglades.  I am looking at Mariott or Starwood affiliated hotels so I can use my points.  My main priority is the beach.  I can always Uber to a restaurant for dinner and a liquor store, but having those within walking distance would be nice.  I have checked the Marriott website, but I have no idea of the surrounding areas and what might be nearby.  Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

Have you done a search on the Marriott website?  Enter Fort Lauderdale beach as your location and the search returns lots of Fort Lauderdale area Marriotts starting with those right on the beach and working out from there.

The first returns are:

• The W
  • The Westin
  • The Ritz-Carlton
  • Marriott Beach Towers
  • Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Beach
  • Fort Lauderdale Marriott Beach and Spa

To continue my previous post, there are small shops, good restaurants and a CVS drug store along the beach road.  Drug stores sell wine in Florida.  The best and closest wine shop to the beach is Total Wine in the Harbor Shops about 2 - 3 miles from the beach hotels.  You will pass it en route to your hotel from the airport so you could arrange a stop with your taxi/uber/lyft.  You can also arrange on line for your order to be ready for pickup.

An alternative to the beach hotels, is to look for a Marriott brand along 17th Street near the entrance to Port Everglades.  There is lots of shopping and the sun trolley (www.suntrolley.com) runs to the beach - just check the schedule because they made some changes in December.

3 hours ago, DisneyCrazy123 said:

I am looking for a hotel option in Ft Lauderdale or nearby that is on the Beach.  We would like to be able to hang out at the Beach the Friday before our Feb. 16th cruise departing from Pt. Everglades.  I am looking at Mariott or Starwood affiliated hotels so I can use my points.  My main priority is the beach.  I can always Uber to a restaurant for dinner and a liquor store, but having those within walking distance would be nice.  I have checked the Marriott website, but I have no idea of the surrounding areas and what might be nearby.  Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

I will be traveling in 9 days and we will be staying at the Sonesta on Fort Lauderdale Beach.  This is a 4 star property.  The Galleria Mall is less than one mile up the road.  I have stayed at the property when it was the B Ocean a number of years ago, and it was excellent then.  Many restaurants within a short walk.  Read the reviews!  They are outstanding!

• Thanks 1

I've stayed at the Marriott Harbor Beach Resort and Spa quite a few times and will be back there again this saturday night pre-cruise so can report when I get back. Always enjoyed it.

Have enjoyed my stays at the W and the Ritz as well.  Always loved my stays at the Ritz!