Cali Reggae Festival

MJU

Leaving on a cruise Feb 9th 2019 and had planned on staying at Residence Inn Downtown Long Beach.  Just found out there is a Reggae Festival near Queen Mary.  Does anyone recommend not staying at Residence Inn (it is sold out but I have refundable reservation for the 8th) for myself and granddaughter.  Thanks for all information and opinions

sorry that was confusing   I am wondering if we should move farther away from the festival to avoid noisy hotel/area.  Since I have never been in Long Beach during the festival I don't know what to expect from the crowds.

9 hours ago, MJU said:

Leaving on a cruise Feb 9th 2019 and had planned on staying at Residence Inn Downtown Long Beach.  Just found out there is a Reggae Festival near Queen Mary.  Does anyone recommend not staying at Residence Inn (it is sold out but I have refundable reservation for the 8th) for myself and granddaughter.  Thanks for all information and opinions

Okay...

Yes, this is a three-day event...and it is located in the park about a block or so away from your hotel...AND, IF YOU ARE CRUISING ON CARNIVAL, you are going to have to go right by it no matter what since it is also within a few hundred yards of the Carnival Terminal...

Except that it starts at 2:00 pm on Friday and at Noon on Saturday...So, here is what I'd do if
I were in your shoes:

KEEP your reservation...

If you plan on going to the Queen Mary, don't plan on it for Friday Afternoon.  (I don't know when you are going to get to Long Beach, but, hopefully, you are not arriving that afternoon either).  Do stuff across the bridge that day (like the Aquarium)...and stay over there for dinner (It's where all the restaurants are anyway)...Take the Passport bus...On Saturday (Embarkation Day), I would make sure to go to the ship early--well before noon so you are not competing with those going to the show...If you can't embark early, check your luggage in and then walk back to the Queen Mary (it's right next door)...I doubt the concert-goers are heading there.

I don't know how many will attend the Reggae show, but the park it's being held in is really not all that big.  And, it's a pretty good hotel choice for the pre-cruise.  And the alternatives won't help much--The Maya Doubletree and Queen Mary are CLOSER to the concert site...And if you stay at another Long Beach hotel...or even one out of Long Beach...You are still going to have to cope with the concert crowd and traffic to get to the pier...