Cruise Critic Meet and Mingle on Seaside

rojoand8

Has anyone who has been on the Seaside recently know when the Meet and Mingles are?  Few months ago, people were saying hardly anyone was showing up to them because they were scheduled for late in the afternoon, right before dinner. When we were on the Divina in 2017, it was mid morning on a sea day and many people were in attendance. We’re cruising in July on the Seaside and hope they’re scheduling them in the mornings. 

On Seaside, 12/15-22/18 cruise, the M&M was held first sea day at 1000am in the Seaside lounge. I spoke with the staff member who is in charge of setting them up and she said the final number who RSVP’d in the affirmative was 58 (might have been 57–I can’t remember exactly). I did a quick count and came up with about 25 attendees but when I saw her again, she said 28 actually attended.

There was a pianist who played while folks were arriving. Once officer introductions and toasts made, a photo of group was taken, and the cake was cut and served. Officers did hang around for a good bit longer (many had to be in YC for an 1100am introduction and toast). Servers continued to bring beverages around the entire time.

Next time we sail, I think I’ll suggest to our RC that the group plan on doing a bit more as a group once the formalities are complete: maybe at least go around the room and introduce ourselves and/or have folks bring a little inexpensive gift from home that represents where they’re from then have a drawing. It would have been nice to actually meet those who posted on the RC.

If one has no other pressing only-offered-once activity occurring during the same time, I think it’s worth the time to attend the M&M.

17 hours ago, Essiesmom said:

I have read here that as CC really isn't big in Europe, they do not hold them there.  Only here on Seaside, Armonia, Divina.  EM

Perhaps that explains why my April Seaside roll call is comatose.  On my recent NCL Getaway cruise (Dec 2) we had more than 200 confirmed for the M&G. Heck, even the captain showed up for that one.

I'm hoping things pick up for my April 27 Seaside cruise. Only a handful of cruisers have shown up for the roll call. Perhaps things will pick up as we get away from the holidays and can take that roll call off life support. :classic_biggrin:

Jim

16 minutes ago, toledo_cruiser said:

Perhaps that explains why my April Seaside roll call is comatose.  On my recent NCL Getaway cruise (Dec 2) we had more than 200 confirmed for the M&G. Heck, even the captain showed up for that one.

I'm hoping things pick up for my April 27 Seaside cruise. Only a handful of cruisers have shown up for the roll call. Perhaps things will pick up as we get away from the holidays and can take that roll call off life support. :classic_biggrin:

Jim

My 5/11/19 Seaside Roll Call is more active than many others on CC-MSC but still way less active than ANY of my CC-NCL ones!

There were two Seaside roll calls for my 2/9/19 cruise, the first started in the UK, then one in the US.  Both are dead.  But when you check the M&M signup, there are 25 people signed up.  I think the total of both was less than ten people.  EM