Drink Package on sale?

love2travel2146

The price I am paying for the cruise and the flight is cheaper than just the cruise alone on ncl, so it's a pretty good deal to book thru this third party! Do you know if a sale ever happens? Last year we went on an RCI cruise and paid 60.00 per person for the drink package so the 120 to me seems so expensive! Thanks.

6 minutes ago, love2travel2146 said:

Do you know if a sale ever happens? Last year we went on an RCI cruise and paid 60.00 per person for the drink package so the 120 to me seems so expensive! Thanks.

Never. NCL offers the UBP as part of the Free at Sea promotions, so most pax take the UBP offer and only pay the gratuities - $19.80/PP/PD. 

2 hours ago, love2travel2146 said:

I am booking a cruise on Getaway through a third party and am not offered the Free at Sea offer that is on the ncl website. Does the ultimate drink package ever go on sale? $120 seems pricey to me for the package. It's cheaper on other cruiselines.

Thanks

I would book a room direct with NCL or through a TA where the beverage package is "free" ($19.80 per day gratuity). The $118.80/day for the package is never discounted. 

On 1/6/2019 at 6:22 PM, love2travel2146 said:

The price I am paying for the cruise and the flight is cheaper than just the cruise alone on ncl, so it's a pretty good deal to book thru this third party! Do you know if a sale ever happens? Last year we went on an RCI cruise and paid 60.00 per person for the drink package so the 120 to me seems so expensive! Thanks.

Don't forget to multiply that number by 2. Each person in the cabin (over 21) has to buy the package. So with grats added, it's almost $2,000 for the drink package.

On 1/8/2019 at 10:30 AM, Lionkingrichard said:

I would love to price compare with this third party travel agent for my next 3 cruises!

Thanks!

so we are travelling at peak season - we booked with my TA and paid 7100 for the cruise and flight package (flight from Toronto to Miami) during Spring Break. If we had booked separately - cruise alone would have been 6600 plus 3600 for flight. this is for a family of four in two staterooms. So even if we do purchase the drink package we are ahead. Being a teacher, I can only travel at peak times. 

No way I'd pay $120 per day, as I would not get my money's worth.   Although it is conceivable that I could drink $120 in one day, I would be laid up sick for the next couple.  For me, it is not sustainable over 7 days.  The promo, on the other hand, is well worth the $20 per day gratuity.  

I would just pay as you go!  The actual pricetag NCL has on their drink package is quite high, because of the free UBP almost everyone has.  

I felt like the drink prices were VERY reasonable (Cheaper than a la carte drink prices on Royal Caribbean) and there are days where you can get a some discounts on drinks, although I remember seeing some drinks for sale out poolside for like 6.00 each + gratuity! 

It literally takes about 10 drinks per day for you to break even on paying for the drink package. That's 70 drinks for the week to break even.

Definitely much easier to do on a sea day.

But, if on a port day, you leave the ship in the morning and get back in the late afternoon, fitting in 10+ drinks on the ship might be a challenge... especially if you did any drinking while at port. So, if you plan to drink on the ship from 7pm until midnight everyday, that's two drinks an hour to get to 10.

An average person would be pretty lubed up drinking that much.

3 hours ago, newty25 said:

It literally takes about 10 drinks per day for you to break even on paying for the drink package. That's 70 drinks for the week to break even.

Definitely much easier to do on a sea day.

But, if on a port day, you leave the ship in the morning and get back in the late afternoon, fitting in 10+ drinks on the ship might be a challenge... especially if you did any drinking while at port. So, if you plan to drink on the ship from 7pm until midnight everyday, that's two drinks an hour to get to 10.

An average person would be pretty lubed up drinking that much.

Can’t do 10 drinks on a port day? Hold my, er...beer. 😉

1 hour ago, chesswiththedevil said:

Can’t do 10 drinks on a port day? Hold my, er...beer. 😉

I always drink double whisky neat. So, I usually don't have this problem either.

But we're talking about the average social drinker here. 🙂