Transportation in Bayonne for Anthem

We will be staying at the Country Inn & Suites in Elizabeth, NJ for our Anthem trip on March 30.  Not sure if we should try Uber or rent a car service.  Has anyone used Uber and if so can you give me an idea of what the cost might be.  Many Thanks.

With Uber X around $20.00, XL around $30.00, SUV $90.00, that will vary slightly depending on time of day. Tip not included.  Sorry can't help with a car service. All that will depend on how many people and luggage you have.

We have also stayed at the Country Inn & Suites for our Anthem cruise...and found the Uber around $20 worked out well for us.

Best of luck with that hotel...we were a bit disappointed and we were only using points.

Can you recommend a better hotel that would be in that price range.  Would really love to stay at Hyatt on the River but cannot justify the cost for such a short period of time.  Looking online is more difficult to find something because they all look pretty good.  Thanks

5 minutes ago, lovescats5 said:

Can you recommend a better hotel that would be in that price range.  Would really love to stay at Hyatt on the River but cannot justify the cost for such a short period of time.  Looking online is more difficult to find something because they all look pretty good.  Thanks

Try the East Coast Departures forum:  https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/317-east-coast-departures/

Uber sounds cheaper than the car service I was looking at.  I m guessing the XL would be what we need, 4 people with a bag per person with a couple of carryons.  Where did you stay?  It has been said the Country Inn & Suites is not all that great but they have a good price and airport shuttle.  I looked at the East Coast departures Bob gave me but all I saw was Florida information, not New Jersey. 

OK, Bob was right.  I did see Bayonne information but it goes back to we have never stayed in Bayonne and it is hard to find hotels on the internet.  In Sept. we flew a red-eye from LA to New Jersey so did not need a hotel, this March we are coming in the day before just in case.  Country Inn & Suites looked good, had a good price with a military discount, a free breakfast and a free airport shuttle but I have no problem changing hotels if there is a better one.

13 hours ago, lovescats5 said:

Try pricing Courtyard by Marriott, and Residence Inn both just steps from Country Inn & Suites...I wish we would have opted for the Residence Inn rather than Country Inn. JMHO...I'm sure whatever you decide will be fine for you especially if there's a big price difference...Just giving you some other options.

17 minutes ago, Ashland said:

Try pricing Courtyard by Marriott, and Residence Inn both just steps from Country Inn & Suites...I wish we would have opted for the Residence Inn rather than Country Inn. JMHO...I'm sure whatever you decide will be fine for you especially if there's a big price difference...Just giving you some other options.

Is there a new Courtyard near the Residence Inn?  The one in which we stayed in Cocoa Beach was a couple miles away from the Residence Inn.

How are you getting to the hotel to begin with?  Will you have a car there you don't want to keep at the dock?

If you are flying into EWR there are some good options right at the airport, with shuttles and then its about the same for an uber to the port.

If you are coming from NYC there are some good options in Jersey City - about $40 uber.   (The Residence Inn is quite good and there's a nice restaurant across the street.) - We'll probably be staying there for our Oasis cruise if I choose not to drive up that AM.

We live about 25 miles NW of Philly less than 90 minutes from the port but we are cruising in 11 days, snow season. So we are staying at the Double Tree at Newark and are paying $137 our pre cruise night which includes up to 2 weeks parking.  UberX $15.36 UberXL $24.57.

2 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

Is there a new Courtyard near the Residence Inn?  The one in which we stayed in Cocoa Beach was a couple miles away from the Residence Inn.

Hmm...I thought we were talking about New Jersey not Florida :classic_unsure:

Newark Airport hotels are not a vacation destination.  Many offer free breakfast but have no other food service in the hotel.  With the exception of the hotels on International Blvd (Country Inns, Residence Inn, Courtyard Elizabeth, and Embassy Suites) hotels without food service will not have nearby walkable restaurants other than perhaps a restaurant in a neighboring hotel. The offerings near International Blvd include Ruby Tuesday’s, Ihop, Applebee’s, Johnny Rockets, and the food court in the Jersey Gardens Mall.

Another consideration is bed size.  You are 4 people.  Two queen beds are scarce.

I've stayed in Country Inns several times.  For one night it does the job.  I haven’t seen the renovation so I can’t comment on the current state of the hotel.  Last time I booked through last minute travel and got lucky.  For 1 person I got a 2 room suite with 3 queen beds, refrigerator, microwave, desk, and bathroom.  I’ve also stayed in a spacious double queen room with an adult child.