Steakhouse and a vegetarian cruiser

Tigergenesis

I thought it would be nice the evening of our wedding day to have dinner with all our guests in the Steakhouse restaurant (for those that want to join us).  One of our guests is vegetarian and I am wondering if there are good options for her - has anyone noticed or requested a vegetarian menu before?

5 minutes ago, 1025cruise said:

Assuming you aren't going on the first night, speak with the steakhouse ahead of time and I'm sure they will be able to accommodate. 

This! They will do their best to accommodate most dietary needs. I know they have a mushroom appetizer and salads on the regular menu that are vegetarian, and I'm pretty sure they can prepare a special entree for your friend. I know when we went, they accommodated my poultry allergy by providing me a little bowl of pea soup for my amuse-bouche while everyone else had some little chicken thingy (I don't remember exactly what it was) and they specially made a dressing for my salad that didn't have eggs in it (I'm not allergic to eggs funny enough, but I appreciate they weren't taking any chances) and they made my Yukon mashed potatoes without chicken broth that they apparently normally make them with. And these were things they did without advanced notice (we were told by the maitre d when we talked to her earlier in the cruise to inform our server of any allergies at the time of the visit) Now if only they had cooked my steak properly....but that's another story.     

• Like 2

I'll ask, how strict a vegetarian?  If Vegan, then yes they need to know so vegan options can be prepared without "contamination".  If just not eating meat but eats dairy, or eats fish, then there are items off the menu that can be substituted.

It is possible to make a very good "mock-steak."  They might even be able to get one in advance from Guy's, who now has vegetarian burgers.  But I'll bet they'll have an answer for you, if you go and talk to them.

• Like 1