Cheers package for Pregnant Wife?

JawjaCrewser

1 hour ago, wags111 said:

we cruised with my husbands buddy 2018 and his wife was pregnant, she filled out some paperwork and he was able to purchase cheers package only for him. 

not on Carnival, maybe some other cruise lines

• Like 2

I just realized this thread is over a year old and was bumped by someone answering the question asked over a year ago. Seems to be a lot of that today. There's a CCL Stock thread from 2012 that was revived.

Edited by Saint Greg

1 hour ago, funinthe sun said:

We traveled (Vista)with friends 2 years ago. She had a doctor's excuse and did not have to purchase the package 

Your friends are fibbing.  No doctor's note or bringing the doctor themselves gets you out of purchasing Cheers for all adults

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Saint Greg said:

I just realized this thread is over a year old and was bumped by someone answering the question asked over a year ago. Seems to be a lot of that today. There's a CCL Stock thread from 2012 that was revived.

I personally appreciate when people do it, there's information contained in here that doesn't need to be refleshed out. It also shows the poster is respectful enough to use the search function before asking the question. Just my two cents.

5 minutes ago, lottiegreen56 said:

I personally appreciate when people do it, there's information contained in here that doesn't need to be refleshed out. It also shows the poster is respectful enough to use the search function before asking the question. Just my two cents.

Sometimes it’s outdated information when it’s over a year old. 

22 hours ago, Elaine5715 said:

Your friends are fibbing.  No doctor's note or bringing the doctor themselves gets you out of purchasing Cheers for all adults

We were with them on the cruise. Funny that you would accuse them of "fibbing" lol

we have no reason to lie. They brought the doctor's note onboard , they showed it, and they allowed her husband to purchase the Cheers package without her having too.  Why do people insist on arguing?  

2 hours ago, funinthe sun said:

We were with them on the cruise. Funny that you would accuse them of "fibbing" lol

we have no reason to lie. They brought the doctor's note onboard , they showed it, and they allowed her husband to purchase the Cheers package without her having too.  Why do people insist on arguing?  

Same as people who make up stuff.  If it was possible, there would not be people constantly complaining how everyone was "forced" to buy Cheers

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Elaine5715 said:

Same as people who make up stuff.  If it was possible, there would not be people constantly complaining how everyone was "forced" to buy Cheers

There’s no way for you to know which exemptions or not every guest service agent and guest service manager on every ship makes so you’re actually fibbing when you make that blanket statement.

People complain about everyone over 21 having to buy the pkg because that’s the rule which seems to be a hard rule before the cruise but people have been granted exemptions on the ship. I wouldn’t count on an exemption but they have been made.

Edited by Jerseygirl1416

3 hours ago, Jerseygirl1416 said:

There’s no way for you to know which exemptions or not every guest service agent and guest service manager on every ship makes so you’re actually fibbing when you make that blanket statement.

People complain about everyone over 21 having to buy the pkg because that’s the rule which seems to be a hard rule before the cruise but people have been granted exemptions on the ship. I wouldn’t count on an exemption but they have been made.

People just pay for it and claim they didn't.  Same as people claiming they always get free upgrades.  They paid for it and tell the cheapo spouse who grouses it was free.  GS have denied exemptions to adults with significant intellectual disabilities traveling with their parents since the package does not require the consumption of alcohol.       

• Like 1

On 2/10/2020 at 9:05 PM, lottiegreen56 said:

She will not only have to purchase it but she can't drink the 1-2 drinks that some doctors are now permitting/recommending during pregnancy. 

How does Carnival know if someone is pregnant?  I just completed check-in over the weekend and remember being asked if I would be 24 weeks or further at sailing because I would then be denied, but since I'm not pregnant now I could easily answer no (as the cruise is less than 24 weeks away and I have no plans to be pregnant 😉 ).  I understand they would not knowingly serve a pregnant mother but not sure how they would know.  Some women don't "show" until late in the pregnancy and some look pregnant when they aren't.

• Like 2