Full Suite Questions

Reba 954

5 minutes ago, Loucat said:

We just booked a May sailing on Caribbean Princess. We were told Sabatini's is not used for suite pax breakfasts. Instead there is a special area in the MDR for suite pax. Was this agent correct as after thinking about eating in the MDR, we cancelled the cruise.

We loved Sabatini's!

I think the agent is confused with Club Class dining. As a suite passenger, you can have breakfast in Club Class or Sabatinis/Crown Grill. We just got off the Grand, and although there was a Sabatinis, the suite breakfast was held in the Crown Grill, and it was the standard suite breakfast menu. As a suite passenger, you can also have lunch and dinner in the Club Class dining area.

1 hour ago, Loucat said:

We just booked a May sailing on Caribbean Princess. We were told Sabatini's is not used for suite pax breakfasts. Instead there is a special area in the MDR for suite pax. Was this agent correct as after thinking about eating in the MDR, we cancelled the cruise.

We loved Sabatini's!

We are in Sabatini's for breakfast most days on the Regal.  You CAN also eat in the Club Class Dining section of the MDR but that's your choice.

1 hour ago, Loucat said:

We loved Sabatini's!

So sorry that your TA is misinformed.  You can eat breakfast in Sabatinis every morning if you wish. You could also eat in the club class section of the MDR.

Lunch and dinner are in the CC of the MDR as well.  We really enjoyed this on the Pacific.

hope you can rebook!

HI Rebecca,

All I can says is enjoy your aft suite, it is the only way go, just booked our fifth trip in an aft suite,

It is just best thing for us, 13 nights of the best, yes as everybody had said, free laundry, CC Dining, Breakfast ( crown grill ) just the best...... and everything else....

The only issue, after introducing the other half to aft suite life, there is no going back.

45 days till back in an aft suite.

Cheers Don

1 hour ago, cheeseclan said:

So sorry that your TA is misinformed.  You can eat breakfast in Sabatinis every morning if you wish. You could also eat in the club class section of the MDR.

Lunch and dinner are in the CC of the MDR as well.  We really enjoyed this on the Pacific.

hope you can rebook!

Oh boy, I thank you all for your information. I should have posted this question here, but I thought agents know suite perks-guess not. We have a Sky booking planned and will stay with that sailing. Sorry we will miss this Caribbean Princess. Have no clue why this agent was so direct in saying Princess changed from using Sabatini's. Time for agent training I guess.

Again, I appreciate all of your responses and feel better about our next sailing.

Might rebook or go to Ireland!

11 hours ago, nukesubsailor said:

From our experience, getting your laundry back the same day is a very rare occurrence.

I write “full suite same day service” and let my steward know I expect it back that night. Always put it out by 8 am and always get it back that night. If my steward doesn’t give me the service I expect in any way I talk to them first. If that doesn’t work I tell them to ask their supervisor to come see me. That ALWAYS works. We pay substantially more than others and should receive the listed service for suites. 

• Like 1

Wow, you guys have been great with the responses!   I feel so much more well informed now.  I had to laugh at those saying once you go suite its hard to go back.  We booked a sky suite on Celebrity 3 years ago, and haven't been able to do anything else since...LOL .  BUT, we can only cruise once a year right now.....hubby is not retired yet....so once we can go a couple times a year we will HAVE to choose between once a year in a suite, or twice a year in a reg balcony.

I really appreciated the feedback on comparing Celebrity and Princess. We have been a little worried the service wouldn't be up to par with Celebrity.  But, the more I research the better I feel.  If the Princess ship is half as friendly as the Princess people on CC, we are good to go:)  We are both excited to be trying a new line, with new itineraries.  We are like little kids waiting for a new adventure😁

Happy sailing to everyone! 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, adgtravel said:

Wow, I’ve cruised with Princess 17 times, and never received free bottled water in cabin!

We were always charged for bottles we drank

Were you in a full suite?  Were those cruises within the last year or two?  If both of those conditions apply, then you got screwed.

We always received two bottles delivered to our suite each afternoon over the last 3 cruises we have taken.

Sorry, my mistake!  I guess I forgot I was reading a post about full suite questions.  

We usually book mini suites, and I had never heard about free water even in suites.

We have booked a full suite this June and look forward to the many extra perks!

8 hours ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

I write “full suite same day service” and let my steward know I expect it back that night. Always put it out by 8 am and always get it back that night. If my steward doesn’t give me the service I expect in any way I talk to them first. If that doesn’t work I tell them to ask their supervisor to come see me. That ALWAYS works. We pay substantially more than others and should receive the listed service for suites. 

Yes, suites get same day service unless something is broken in the laundry (that happened to us once). I generally leave the dirty laundry on the sofa before I go to dinner, and it's back around 6:00 PM the next day. By putting the laundry out at night, the steward doesn't need to rush down to the laundry in the morning to be sure it gets done in that days load. I think the cut off time is 9:00 AM. Of course, by sending laundry at night, I can't get my PJs washed unless I brought two pairs...

• Like 1

On 1/10/2019 at 7:08 AM, Reba 954 said:

This is our first time sailing with Princess, and we have booked an aft full suite.  I have been trying to get answers to a couple small questions, and cant seem to find them.

First, in the mini bar set up that is complimentary, can you trade for bourbon?  or specifically Jack Daniels?  

Second, I've read conflicting reports about whether you get 2 free bottles of water each day or not.  We are on the Crown Princess in March.  I am wondering if anyone has been on her recently and knows the answer for sure.  I was going to order bottled water, but not if its free:)

Third, is there an Elite Lounge on the Crown?  And if so, is it free drinks like Michaels Club on Celebrity?

Thanks in advance for any help!!

Rebecca

First, in the mini bar set up that is complimentary, can you trade for bourbon?  or specifically Jack Daniels?  You can trade all the hard liquor for any hard liquor, so yes you can get 8 bottles of corn whiskey.

Second, I've read conflicting reports about whether you get 2 free bottles of water each day or not.  We are on the Crown Princess in March.  I am wondering if anyone has been on her recently and knows the answer for sure.  I was going to order bottled water, but not if its free:)  It’s honestly not clear; I have heard some say yes 2 free bottles a day, others that they didn’t receive it.  So I would not assume it; however, you need not prepurchase.  You can buy from room service once on board.  But also, there is no need to buy bottle water.  Ships use reverse osmosis tech to make water, it is as pure as bottled water. 

Third, is there an Elite Lounge on the Crown?  And if so, is it free drinks like Michaels Club on Celebrity?. The answer is sort off.  In the afternoon, before dinner, Skywalker’s lounge is made available to suite passengers.  They offer free canopies and discounted hard drink specials.  

Don’t forget Princess offers an upgraded breakfast in one of the Specialty Resyaurants (often the Crown Grill but not always) with complementary  Mimosas.

Check-out https://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/ships/PrincessSuite_eFlyer.pdf

8 hours ago, Colo Cruiser said:

Have not had same day laundry service for laundry in our suites for the last 3 cruises over the last 6 months.

It's been 48-72 hours consistently.

Id be asking questions if it’s not same day. That’s what I expect after paying for a full suite. 

14 hours ago, RSF Cruiser said:

Yes, suites get same day service unless something is broken in the laundry (that happened to us once). I generally leave the dirty laundry on the sofa before I go to dinner, and it's back around 6:00 PM the next day. By putting the laundry out at night, the steward doesn't need to rush down to the laundry in the morning to be sure it gets done in that days load. I think the cut off time is 9:00 AM. Of course, by sending laundry at night, I can't get my PJs washed unless I brought two pairs...

Exactly. But if pjs did not come back DH would consider that another perk. Lol

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Colo Cruiser said:

Have not had same day laundry service for laundry in our suites for the last 3 cruises over the last 6 months.

It's been 48-72 hours consistently.

Ours was about 36 hours on the Regal in November, which was just fine, we've never had a need to have it turned around on the same day and so never cared if we had it or not. Generally we bring enough to make it a day or two without....lol! :classic_smile::classic_biggrin:

On 1/11/2019 at 9:12 AM, Reba 954 said:

Wow, you guys have been great with the responses!   I feel so much more well informed now.  I had to laugh at those saying once you go suite its hard to go back.  We booked a sky suite on Celebrity 3 years ago, and haven't been able to do anything else since...LOL .  BUT, we can only cruise once a year right now.....hubby is not retired yet....so once we can go a couple times a year we will HAVE to choose between once a year in a suite, or twice a year in a reg balcony.

I really appreciated the feedback on comparing Celebrity and Princess. We have been a little worried the service wouldn't be up to par with Celebrity.  But, the more I research the better I feel.  If the Princess ship is half as friendly as the Princess people on CC, we are good to go:)  We are both excited to be trying a new line, with new itineraries.  We are like little kids waiting for a new adventure😁

Happy sailing to everyone! 

I know the feeling! We just booked a suite on the Regal for March. We haven't sailed Princess since 1993! We usually sail RCCL but we are getting tired of the big ship  crowds and are excited about trying a completely new experience. We sailed the Celebrity Equinox last summer and loved it. BTW, we are also from Tampa.