Princess move over offer

We are booked on the Majestic Princess sailing to NZ on 25th Jan with 3 adults in the cabin. We received a move from a balcony cabin to an inside plus 100% of the fare back as refundablebe OBC plus dining package for 2. There is no way we would spend that much OBC. I’m guess if you don’t spend it all you don’t get any back as cash or do you? We prefer natural light and it might be squashy with 3 adults.

Edited by cruisine21

Has anyone noticed that move over offers soon get retracted if you ask Princess to reimburse the flights you paid for independent of them in addition to the offer they are making. They always retract that offer quick smart. If you have also paid for hotels in advance for whatever reasons and ask them to reimburse them is another thing that makes them retract move over offers.

42 minutes ago, Brisbane41 said:

Has anyone noticed that move over offers soon get retracted if you ask Princess to reimburse the flights you paid for independent of them in addition to the offer they are making. They always retract that offer quick smart. If you have also paid for hotels in advance for whatever reasons and ask them to reimburse them is another thing that makes them retract move over offers.

Nope - got a five week cruise to replace a 4 week cruise and airfare to Singapore to catch original cruise.   I got a cheque for $1000 for the two of us which was the original travel to Singapore to get on the Sapphire Princess.   We used the one way fare from Europe anyway and paid the airfare to get there.    I chose hotels that allowed cancellation or change.

I have found the offers fairly generous and for individuals they will often go further if they really want your cabin.

BTW, OP, the OBC is refundable, whatever you do not spend is put onto your credit card (attached to your sea board account) or a cheque is sent.

6 hours ago, Rassa said:

Nope - got a five week cruise to replace a 4 week cruise and airfare to Singapore to catch original cruise.   I got a cheque for $1000 for the two of us which was the original travel to Singapore to get on the Sapphire Princess.   We used the one way fare from Europe anyway and paid the airfare to get there.    I chose hotels that allowed cancellation or change.

Probably depends how desperate they are for the cabin.

31 minutes ago, Brisbane41 said:

When you have business class flights booked and ask for reimbursement then the offer is withdrawn. 

Well that is understandable.  They paid for our 'extra leg room' seats but did not pay for our Indian visa or train trip from Rome to the north of Italy.   Yes, I think they were desperate.

I guess if you pay for business class seats, you can expect no reimbursement for flights.

A free cruise for a downgrade to an inside would still be a temptation for us.

1 hour ago, Brisbane41 said:

When you have business class flights booked and ask for reimbursement then the offer is withdrawn. 

Understandably, for that cost they can sweeten the deals for others (even with flights but not business) and still be cheaper.

My point is any move over offer should be inclusive of costs incurred already. If not then it is not an even playing field. If you stand to make a financial loss, despite coming out ahead you are still not in front of the people who did not lose anything financially by prepaid flights or award bookings or hotels paid for in advance to lock in a certain deal that is attractive.

And my point is they don't have to offer move over offers to everyone.

As with many things in life, those paying look at the cost and choose the most 'value for money' option, not just splash cash when there is no benefit from the extra payment.