Ultimate Beverage Package

Bimmer09

I am sailing on the Journey on January 15th and was about to order the UBP but it says if I do it online I won't get the LCV discount and that I should do it on the ship. Does anyone know how much this discount is? It's our first Az cruise but we have LCV numbers.

Norris, thirsty.

1 hour ago, jelayne said:

The discount depends upon what tier you are in LCV.  The discount ranges from 5% to 25%.  

Thanks jelayne! 5% it is then as this is our first Azamara cruise. $20

Norris

3 hours ago, Host Grandma Cruising said:

You also get OBC (onboard credit) for booking onboard - $200 or $300 if you book in the first half of the cruise.

You say you have an LCV number, does that mean you have points from Celebrity or RCL?

We have two Celebrity cruises sailed (in suites) and another booking-Silhouette to Norway this September. I imagine I would upgrade upon ordering my first drink onboard. OBC sounds great!

Thanks so much for this information!

Norris

Edited by Bimmer09
add text

37 minutes ago, Bimmer09 said:

We have two Celebrity cruises sailed (in suites) and another booking-Silhouette to Norway this September. I imagine I would upgrade upon ordering my first drink onboard. OBC sounds great!

Thanks so much for this information!

Norris

Sorry - my bad - I misread your post and thought you were talking about booking a cruise, not booking a beverage package. I was obviously in too much of a hurry, sorry if I raised your hopes in error!

I think you would go to Guest Relations to order the package once onboard, and check with them that you get the LCV discount.

Edited by Host Grandma Cruising

No need to go to Guest Relations. You can do it at any bar and the form you complete includes a section where you tick your loyalty level. The price is automatically adjusted. On embarkation day you will also find two tables set up one to the right of the pool bar and the other in Mosaic cafe with staff able to process orders. 

Guest Relations can do it but is usually very busy with queries only they can handle 

5 hours ago, uktog said:

No need to go to Guest Relations. You can do it at any bar and the form you complete includes a section where you tick your loyalty level. The price is automatically adjusted. On embarkation day you will also find two tables set up one to the right of the pool bar and the other in Mosaic cafe with staff able to process orders. 

Guest Relations can do it but is usually very busy with queries only they can handle 

Thanks uktog! I will be at the pool bar soon after boarding. I assume a sticker is applied to the card or my forehead (which would save me fishing for my wallet).

Norris

Sticker to card, most crew are good get to know you and you don't need the card after a day or so.  Technically they should see it every time, recently on Pursuit, some of the good staff remembered you and all was well, some who I would call jobsworths asked to see the two cards every time even when a second order was only 15 minutes after the first (e.g. a second  glass of wine at lunch)

Fingers crossed for you the balance of validation is right

31 minutes ago, uktog said:

...some who I would call jobsworths asked to see the two cards every time even when a second order was only 15 minutes after the first ....

Thanks for my new word of the day (jobsworths).  

And a useful one. 😄

16 hours ago, Host Grandma Cruising said:

Sorry - my bad - I misread your post and thought you were talking about booking a cruise, not booking a beverage package. I was obviously in too much of a hurry, sorry if I raised your hopes in error!

I think you would go to Guest Relations to order the package once onboard, and check with them that you get the LCV discount.

No problem grandma, I thought it too good to be true and so wasn't counting on it. I guess I will be encouraged to book another AZ cruise before I depart the Journey on January 24 and by that time I should know whether that is an option for us. Then I know some OBC will be the carrot on a stick and we both like carrots.

I do hope you will read my Journey review when it hits the Celebrity Board on January 25th. I will drop a link to it on this board once I have a url.

Thank you for your response!

Norris

4 hours ago, Bimmer09 said:

No problem grandma, I thought it too good to be true and so wasn't counting on it. I guess I will be encouraged to book another AZ cruise before I depart the Journey on January 24 and by that time I should know whether that is an option for us. Then I know some OBC will be the carrot on a stick and we both like carrots.

I do hope you will read my Journey review when it hits the Celebrity Board on January 25th. I will drop a link to it on this board once I have a url.

Thank you for your response!

Norris

I look forward to reading your review and will look out for the link.  Why not post it here in the Azamara board?

2 hours ago, Host Grandma Cruising said:

I look forward to reading your review and will look out for the link.  Why not post it here in the Azamara board?

The  quick answer to that would be that I want the maximum number of people to read it and this is a quiet board.  I will elaborate in the beginning of the review.

Norris

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Host Grandma Cruising said:

OK, that makes sense!

I'm glad you understand and when you read the first page of the review and see the several reasons outlined you'll see where I am coming from (snowy Chicago).

You may not be familiar with my reviews but I am very thorough  and detailed and think things through and a while ago Bonnie asked me the same question as you did. She got the same quick answer. I have only written 2 Celebrity reviews but they have a combined 450,000 page reads and I like responding to new screen names, besides those on my 10 or more Princess reviews. So I will be familiar to many readers on the X board which is not the case here. I know some Princess readers will pop in to comment too so X and Az cruisers will see some new "faces" from the fun bunch over on Princess.

I can only imagine it will be the biggest, most detailed Azamara/Cuba photo/video review "the world has ever seen". Even bigger than that chocolate cake at Mar a Lago.

And I will have fun writing it.

I have only one more work day to complete tomorrow and from then on I am focused on Azamara Journey and Cuba and am very excited for both new experiences.

I look forward to see you popping in to say "hola" during the review.

Thanks, as always for the comment!

Norris

On 1/11/2019 at 12:53 PM, Bimmer09 said:

Thanks uktog! I will be at the pool bar soon after boarding. I assume a sticker is applied to the card or my forehead (which would save me fishing for my wallet).

Norris

I am not very savvy about such things, but I thought I read that if you bought a beverage package while still in port you would pay their local taxes, but out on the open sea you would not.  You may want to check!

4 hours ago, IBsaved said:

We're cruising on Azamara Journey in July and have sailed 3 Celebrity cruises...are those loyalty points able to be used with Azamara?

Yes they are. It would be a good idea to enroll in Le Club Voyage. You can do so here https://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/le-club-voyage/enrollment?_ga=2.200722542.1944412946.1547212657-1338312259.1544445068&_gac=1.195807512.1546373753.EAIaIQobChMIvdrzi7PN3wIVxLHtCh0LnACjEAAYASAAEgIYifD_BwE

Your LCV level will depend on what level you are on Celebrity. There is a section at the bottom of this page that shows the level equivalence across Azamara, Celebrity & RCL. https://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/le-club-voyage/le-club-voyage-program/member-benefits

2 hours ago, gbolton said:

I am not very savvy about such things, but I thought I read that if you bought a beverage package while still in port you would pay their local taxes, but out on the open sea you would not.  You may want to check!

I’ve not heard that, maybe Bonnie can give us the answer!

2 hours ago, gbolton said:

It depends which part of the world. 

Recently when we left Spain, they made it pay for only 12 nights if you buy on embarkation day aka the tax was absorbed. In Miami and South America no tax.  So yes tax might apply but if it does there’s typically a compensatory adjustment 

3 hours ago, uktog said:

It depends which part of the world. 

Recently when we left Spain, they made it pay for only 12 nights if you buy on embarkation day aka the tax was absorbed. In Miami and South America no tax.  So yes tax might apply but if it does there’s typically a compensatory adjustment 

Thanks everyone above with today's responses starting with gbolton. I usually pay tax on my Port Everglades drinks. I will ask before buying the package after embarkation. If Miami charges tax then I may just wait until we are at sea 12 miles out. I sail tomorrow.

Norris

4 hours ago, Bimmer09 said:

Thanks everyone above with today's responses starting with gbolton. I usually pay tax on my Port Everglades drinks. I will ask before buying the package after embarkation. If Miami charges tax then I may just wait until we are at sea 12 miles out. I sail tomorrow.

Norris

Do come back here and let us know the answer you get. Enjoy your cruise.

19 hours ago, Host Grandma Cruising said:

Yes they are. It would be a good idea to enroll in Le Club Voyage. You can do so here https://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/le-club-voyage/enrollment?_ga=2.200722542.1944412946.1547212657-1338312259.1544445068&_gac=1.195807512.1546373753.EAIaIQobChMIvdrzi7PN3wIVxLHtCh0LnACjEAAYASAAEgIYifD_BwE

Your LCV level will depend on what level you are on Celebrity. There is a section at the bottom of this page that shows the level equivalence across Azamara, Celebrity & RCL. https://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/le-club-voyage/le-club-voyage-program/member-benefits

Thank you so much!

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/10/2019 at 5:06 PM, Bimmer09 said:

I am sailing on the Journey on January 15th and was about to order the UBP but it says if I do it online I won't get the LCV discount and that I should do it on the ship. Does anyone know how much this discount is? It's our first Az cruise but we have LCV numbers.

Norris, thirsty.

Norris,

I have looked everywhere for your review of your Jan. 15 cruise to Cuba.  It's been on my calendar for months!

Meredith, wondering