Regarding guarantee cabin

tttt28

Hi Cruisers,

I am a newbie. I have booked a guarantee vista suite in silversea. May i know when will i know the assigned cabin no?

Do i have to wait until check in and by then i will know?

Will they inform me two weeks before the cruise? And where can i find the information?

Thank you very much in advance.

Hi tttt28, according to my SS guy, it really varies depending on how the bookings are going. Sometimes they assign you a cabin within a few weeks, sometimes not until just before you board. For my upcoming Muse voyage in May, we were assigned our cabin more than 6 months prior to the sailing in a category higher than our guarantee. For my upcoming Spirit voyage in 2020, it still reads GTY -- but we are still 13 months out.

I agree with Unibok.  While you can book a guarantee cabin in a Vista suite on our voyage in a month, there is only one suite available on the entire ship and it's a category Veranda on deck 9.  So, obviously, they aren't going to assign that suite until the last possible moment I suppose.

• 1 year later...
On 1/12/2019 at 1:30 AM, Stumblefoot said:

I agree with Unibok.  While you can book a guarantee cabin in a Vista suite on our voyage in a month, there is only one suite available on the entire ship and it's a category Veranda on deck 9.  So, obviously, they aren't going to assign that suite until the last possible moment I suppose.

Jumping on this thread with a further question. 

If the scenario was as stumblefoot described, would Silversea then upgrade an already assigned suite (classic veranda) to the higher category (deluxe veranda) and put the GTY into the classic suite ?

Or is it a case of once you have an assigned suite they wont move you?

I booked GTY for my 2 scheduled Moon sailings in November 20 and March 21 and ive already been assigned a deluxe on the first a few months ago and a classic veranda on the second. That said, there are so few Vistas, it was nigh inevitable. That said, they are so far out, Vista bookings could easily be cancelled but even so, ive not heard of assignments this far out before.

We booked a gtee Verandah on our cruise in October (booked in January). We were allocated a cabin number as soon as it was confirmed (you can see the cabin number on My Silversea in the details of the booking) and it hasn't changed. On our Arctic and Antarctic sailings we booked Vista gtees and exactly the same thing happened..........but in the correct category and that didn't ever change! We've never been lucky with these upgrades I hear about! So don't get your hopes up!! Book the minimum that is acceptable to you.

We booked a GTY Verandah for our Nov sailing.  We had also asked our travel agent to request a starboard cabin so we could enjoy the sunrises from our balcony in the morning.  Silversea assigned us a port cabin in the lowest category Verandah on Deck 5 forward about a week after booking (we paid in full to receive the early booking rate).  Over 65% of the cabins were still available on our sailing.

I asked our TA if Silversea could move us to a starboard cabin, we didn't ask for a different deck, just to swap to the other side (starboard cabins were still available on Deck 5 forward).  Silversea reassigned us to a starboard side cabin a couple of decks above.  While it was theoretically a category upgrade, the ships are so small that it doesn't matter to us what deck we are on nor whether we are forward or midships.  And generally we don't care whether port or starboard, but on this voyage that sails north, we hoped to enjoy the early morning sun on the balcony rather than the late afternoon sun.  While we understood when we booked the GTY that we might not get the desired location, we nonetheless appreciated Silversea being flexible and accommodating.

In April 2020, I was assigned my cabin for a May 2021 cruise! I booked a vista GTY and was assigned a vista suite not really well located being at the forefront of the ship. But this is the rule of the game and I have no idea whether I could be upgraded by then or if I will keep this suite. I will be so happy anyway should the cruise happen whatever my cabin is!

Envoyé de mon iPad en utilisant Forums

14 hours ago, Reef Knot said:

Jumping on this thread with a further question. 

If the scenario was as stumblefoot described, would Silversea then upgrade an already assigned suite (classic veranda) to the higher category (deluxe veranda) and put the GTY into the classic suite ?

Or is it a case of once you have an assigned suite they wont move you?

My understanding is that upgrade offers are based on VS days. For example,  If you have a GTY, and somebody with more VS days is in the classic, they would be offered the chance to move up to a deluxe. If you, the holder of the GTY, have more VS days, you would leapfrog over them into the deluxe. 

In my experience, once my GTY suite has been assigned, it hasn't changed. Also, it's important to note that they wouldn't "upgrade" anyone without a GTY without the consent of those passengers. 

11 hours ago, SSCAF001 said:

In April 2020, I was assigned my cabin for a May 2021 cruise! I booked a vista GTY and was assigned a vista suite not really well located being at the forefront of the ship. But this is the rule of the game and I have no idea whether I could be upgraded by then or if I will keep this suite. I will be so happy anyway should the cruise happen whatever my cabin is!

Envoyé de mon iPad en utilisant Forums

I was assigned my Vista GTY about 9 months out.  Probably the worst suite on the ship, very front, next to laundry.  IF the cruise sails this November, I will inquire about upgrading a few weeks before, as the ship is currently quite empty.  Perhaps they didn't care for my solo status and the fact that I "only" paid 10% supplement.  I hope the butler enjoys bringing bubbles down the hall.

10 hours ago, Unibok said:

My understanding is that upgrade offers are based on VS days. For example,  If you have a GTY, and somebody with more VS days is in the classic, they would be offered the chance to move up to a deluxe. If you, the holder of the GTY, have more VS days, you would leapfrog over them into the deluxe. 

In my experience, once my GTY suite has been assigned, it hasn't changed. Also, it's important to note that they wouldn't "upgrade" anyone without a GTY without the consent of those passengers. 

I would imagine they would have some sort of algorithm  in place to determine these assignments and that sounds like a plausible explanation. Thanks.

I was upgraded on my first cruise on Silversea, with zero Venetian days. I was oblivious, so only realized the upgrade when we got on board. The one other time I purchased GTY was this spring on the Explorer, and we were upgraded about 2 weeks before the trip. Both were one-category upgrades from the second-lowest class of suites.