Internet Packages

dutrie

I need some up to date information on internet packages on Crown Princess.  Many of the search results are quite old and this topic seems to change frequently.

Is it better to buy pre-cruise or are there specials on board?  

Does Princess offer an unlimited package (not Elite yet!) onboard?  It is not available in the cruise personalizer.

Thanks for any information to help with my decision.

Princess does off unlimited; but it will depend on what ship you cruise.  On Crown it should tell you what is offered on your cruise personalizer.  When Is your cruise.  If your cruise is over a year out; you may not see prices listed;  two reasons;  if Crown is being upgraded with medallion.net the new pricing will be available once this ship is ready for medallion.net.  Second reason may be;  your cruise is too far out and Princess has not yet posted any pricing

I am also very curious about this. I have Elite minutes, but will be on the Coral for 34 days. I doubt that 500 minutes will come close to holding out, especially if I blog. Does anyone have info on longer cruises and packages?

TracieABD, I have noticed many people say they write their blog or comments off-line, then connect just long enough to post what they have already written.  This would obviously save minutes.

I usually have close to double Elite minutes bc my husband uses very few of his.  Is this an option for you?

3 minutes ago, GloriaF said:

TracieABD, I have noticed many people say they write their blog or comments off-line, then connect just long enough to post what they have already written.  This would obviously save minutes.

I usually have close to double Elite minutes bc my husband uses very few of his.  Is this an option for you?

That is exactly how I do it, but it still chews up time- and 500 min. for 34 days is just not a lot. My travel partner has only cruised one time with Princess- so no free internet for him.

One of the biggest issues with this cruise is that in the 34 days, there are 16 or 17 sea days, meaning I can't even use land-based wifi. 

We do have a lot- and I mean A LOT of OBC and pre-paid gratuities- so some of mine will probably go to feed my internet habit...

That's a lot of sea days, and the connection can sometimes be slow.  Wishing you luck managing your internet minutes!  Having A LOT of OBC is always a good thing, and cruising to exotic ports is also.  Enjoy!!

2 minutes ago, GloriaF said:

That's a lot of sea days, and the connection can sometimes be slow.  Wishing you luck managing your internet minutes!  Having A LOT of OBC is always a good thing, and cruising to exotic ports is also.  Enjoy!!

Thank you so much! I am really looking forward to it... even if it is over 10 months away.

Other than a bonus 20 minute sometimes I don't see any benefit to pre purchase internet unless of course there is an unlimited option.

As mentioned in prior posts unlimited is not offered on all ships.

For those ships that don't have Medallion Net yet the internet can be terrible and any minutes you may have free or otherwise will quickly disappear.

Keep checking the personalizer for any special packages/unlimited etc.

• 4 weeks later...

Interested in an unlimited package too, we will be on Sky for 25 nights next year and doubtful even the 600 minute package will be enough.....

Last summer Princess ran a special and we had unlimited on the Regal for 10 days for something like $79.95....any hope that something like this will come along again?

5 minutes ago, Gracie115 said:

Interested in an unlimited package too, we will be on Sky for 25 nights next year and doubtful even the 600 minute package will be enough.....

Last summer Princess ran a special and we had unlimited on the Regal for 10 days for something like $79.95....any hope that something like this will come along again?

Based on past offers such as yours there’s always hope. ☺️

We sail the Royal in April during the transition to MedallionClass & about 3 months prior to sailing they began to offer unlimited MedallionNet for $59.99 per week.  We’re on the Sky for 28-days in November & watching for any unlimited internet offers.  None yet but as you experienced on the Regal it’s been previously offered & for me boarding only a couple of weeks after the inaugural cruise unlimited internet packages may be offered...or not. 😉