SBP group question

Despegue

I am well aware that the Signature Beverage Package only includes glasses of wine, and not bottles.

however, as our next cruise will be a family holiday with 6 persons, all having the package, is the Sommelier allowed to

serve a bottle if the price of that bottle is less than 54 USD? ( 6x9) And then charge each person with 1 drink?

this would make the choice of wines choice that much larger...

Most probably not allowed, but wondering anyhow if anyone here tried this?

The package does not let you "trade" any number of drinks for a bottle of wine. I wish it did, since the times we were given the SBP as a promo we always were well under the number of included drinks each day. Since wine is my major beverage indulgence, I would not buy the SBP.

I would doubt that this kind of swapping would fly.  But crazier things have happened.   It doesn't hurt to ask.  But the waiter does have to put the brand of wine into the POS terminal for inventory purposes, and the system would probably balk at any brand of wine costing more than $9 per bottle, if it was to be charged to an SBP account, even if that bottle was divided among 6 people.

• Thanks 1

You can ask. The wine you're looking at would have to have a per-glass price in the POS system. Their basis for calculation is 5 glasses per bottle, so you'd be looking at $45 and under if they can do it.

Edited by POA1
  • Thanks 1

Family of 4 adults with SBP on a cruise 18 months ago. Three or four  would order a glass of the same red wine and the wine steward would usually just bring a full bottle to the table without asking. Think it depends on the steward and the wine being chosen.

Note: we were ordering off the "by the glass" wine menu.

Edited by oceanmom