3 Meal Specialty Dining Perk

bkrickles1

Just booked 1/19/2020 Encore cruise for me, my wife and my daughter.

I took all the perks, including airfare, but wanted an opinion regarding the specialty dining package.

My wife and I are, of course, covered by the included package and I was wondering if we should buy the 3 meal package for my daughter ahead of time or pay as we go?

It's just the 3 of us and our daughter will be joining us for all meals so what's more economical?

I'm guessing the package is. I believe I read it's $69?

Thanks in advance

How old is your daughter?  If she's young enough to enjoy the kids menu from the MDR, she can order off that and you won't need to pay anything more.  If she's older, the meal plan will probably save you a few dollars.  Especially if you plan to go to Cagney's.

3 Meal Specialty Dining Package

There's no better way to enjoy our wide selection of unique dining experiences than with our Specialty Dining Packages. Choose from three or more meals for one

• PRICE $94.80

It will depend on your daughter's eating habits!!  It is $31+ per meal so she would need to eat a full meal to beat the price!!

1 hour ago, phoenix1181 said:

How old is your daughter?  If she's young enough to enjoy the kids menu from the MDR, she can order off that and you won't need to pay anything more.  If she's older, the meal plan will probably save you a few dollars.  Especially if you plan to go to Cagney's.

Yeah I should have specified. She'll be 19 and can eat as much as me. Lol 😂. Cagneys is a definite too. I'm gonna buy the package ahead of time. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, phoenix1181 said:

I hadn't heard this info yet!  My husband and I have the dining package and we will be with our 9 year old son.  We have no problem paying for him for something like Teppanyaki because he would eat that food, but I was wondering how to handle Le Bistro.  So he can come with us to Le Bistro and order off the MDR kids menu with no surcharge?  That would be awesome. 

1 hour ago, wiscwood said:

I hadn't heard this info yet!  My husband and I have the dining package and we will be with our 9 year old son.  We have no problem paying for him for something like Teppanyaki because he would eat that food, but I was wondering how to handle Le Bistro.  So he can come with us to Le Bistro and order off the MDR kids menu with no surcharge?  That would be awesome. 

To the OP, the $94.80 for the three meal package includes 18% gratuity. If your daughters dines with you a la carte she will pay the gratuity in addition to the menu price so buying the package is a good deal. If you decide to eat at Le Bistro, Cagney's and Teppanyaki it is an excellent deal.

To wiscwood, that is correct. Kids can eat off the main dining room children's menu for no charge when they are with you in specialty dining. They also have the choice of dining off the specialty menu for menu prices. If your 9 year old likes Teppanyaki definitely do it.

Edited by Paul Bogle

3 hours ago, Paul Bogle said:

To the OP, the $94.80 for the three meal package includes 18% gratuity. If your daughters dines with you a la carte she will pay the gratuity in addition to the menu price so buying the package is a good deal. If you decide to eat at Le Bistro, Cagney's and Teppanyaki it is an excellent deal.

To wiscwood, that is correct. Kids can eat off the main dining room children's menu for no charge when they are with you in specialty dining. They also have the choice of dining off the specialty menu for menu prices. If your 9 year old likes Teppanyaki definitely do it.

Thanks Paul! I’m leaning towards getting the kid a 3 meal package. Figure it’s a good opportunity for him to try some new foods with the grown ups!

9 hours ago, bkrickles1 said:

Yeah I should have specified. She'll be 19 and can eat as much as me. Lol 😂. Cagneys is a definite too. I'm gonna buy the package ahead of time. 

In the past, we have had $85 per person bills at Cagney's (covered 100% by SDP). A purchased SDP is a good deal. 

Edited by BirdTravels

On 1/14/2019 at 8:35 PM, wiscwood said:

Thanks Paul! I’m leaning towards getting the kid a 3 meal package. Figure it’s a good opportunity for him to try some new foods with the grown ups!

Call, there are special options for kids. Also the restaurants are a la carte, so if your kid shares or only orders a course you don't need to buy the package, just pay for what is ordered. Moderno and Teppanyaki are fixed price, but not sure it 9 year olds get lower prices than the $29.95.

Edited by Nola26