Communication Onboard with Family / Teen

loecki1976

Hi,

I am sorry for asking but does anyone have any experience with communicating to other family memers onboard?

We just cruises with NCL and the iConcierge App helped us to figure out meeting points and all that stuff. 

I would appreciate to skipping to buy internet packages. 🙂

Thanks.

1 hour ago, loecki1976 said:

Thank you but I was looking for a more 2018-version of that post-it. 😂

Currently on Celebrity the 2018 (well actually 2019) version is to subscribe to an internet package.    Celebrity does not currently have an app that includes communication between passengers.    We usually use texting (with internet account), post it notes and leaving voicemail by phone.  

I believe @WestLakeGirl recommendation is the least expensive.  Individual internet accounts for 2-3 passengers will cost you quite a bit.   

9 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Currently on Celebrity the 2018 (well actually 2019) version is to subscribe to an internet package.    Celebrity does not currently have an app that includes communication between passengers.    We usually use texting (with internet account), post it notes and leaving voicemail by phone.  

I believe @WestLakeGirl recommendation is the least expensive.  Individual internet accounts for 2-3 passengers will cost you quite a bit.   

Thanks, so we will do it this way. Internet package for three devices - just to communicate - is not necessary. And I do not want to give opportunities to my teen while we are on vacation.... 🙂

On X, we prearrange meet up times with our teens or they leave voice mail messages on the cabin phone if this changes. On Princess last year, they had the Princess at Sea intranet where no internet package was required and they were able to text and leave message for no charge; personally, this was a much better system.

Just FYI but a traditional text message, is fairly low cost. Something like 50 cents to send one and 5 cents to receive one. That would not require purchase of WiFi and might work for adults, but not be a viable plan for a teenager who lives to text.....

55 minutes ago, justcrusn said:

Just FYI but a traditional text message, is fairly low cost. Something like 50 cents to send one and 5 cents to receive one. That would not require purchase of WiFi and might work for adults, but not be a viable plan for a teenager who lives to text.....

Costing would also be dependent on your mobile plan and if it is overseas travel, then the prices can be considerably higher.

4 hours ago, villauk said:

On X, we prearrange meet up times with our teens or they leave voice mail messages on the cabin phone if this changes. On Princess last year, they had the Princess at Sea intranet where no internet package was required and they were able to text and leave message for no charge; personally, this was a much better system.

If Princess can do this, then Celebrity can too.  They want to be the leader, then they should lead.

I suppose celebrity could do it too, but there’s not a lot of incentive to.

They already sell internet packages so, giving it away at no charge would be like opening sushi on five but still having “free” sushi on the buffet. One thing cruise lines do well is maximize income from add on purchases, like specialty dining, Internet packages, drink packages, etc. etc.

Next you’ll be asking for them to add a self service laundry!

(just kidding)