Peoples View Royal Carribbean Voyager of the Seas

marchi79

Hi All

We will be going on a cruise 4th March 2019 of Royal Caribbean Voyager of the Seas leaving from Singapore and we have noticed reviews that were not so great recently. When we booked this cruise there weren't these sort of reviews. We have other family members and friends coming as well for my husbands 60th and they are concerned as they have never been on a cruise before. We have been on Celebrity cruises before and they were quite amazing and couldn't fault them.

Would love peoples opinion that have actually really enjoyed this ship.

Thanks

We are also on this cruise and I did read them thinking oh no before we booked but when I read what they were moaning about, DP cost, Internet, (the same on all ) needs a lick of paint , poor food (I was on Symphony and thought it was outstanding and I saw food posts like this) We have been on the Independence , although it was out of Southampton and we loved the ship, this I believe is very similar.

I'm sure we will have a great cruise, don't worry :)  

• Like 1

Unfortunately there are more bad reviews than usual about the Voyager of the Seas. It should not be relativized. Somebody from Royal shall addres those issues. According to the reviewers nobody seems to care...

Edited by travelberlin
  • Like 2

I have always loved the Voyager and Freedom class ships, just big enough to run with the big boys, but small enough to handle. Remember you are on vacation, go with the flow, be happy, nothing is ever perfect, but it's better than sitting home in a blizzard. Have fun!

• Like 2

I watched a video last night on you Tube and I was pleasantly surprised. It looks a lot like the Independence which we loved. Regarding food if you don’t like something or it is not hot , tell them and they will change it. We were on Oasis and people were complaining about the food, I thought it was lovely especially given I didn’t have to cook it 😂😂

NCL Jewel is also boarding the same day in Singapore, so expect a long line of taxis from about 10:30 AM.  Last year the Mariner and the Princess Sapphire were right next to each other, be sure to drop your luggage off at the right place or 12 days later it will be in Hong Kong.

On 1/17/2019 at 1:57 PM, George C said:

We really like voyager class ships I think you will find entertainment way better than celebrity , ice show is amazing. 

Thanks, we have only been on large ships that have west end productions, what do they have in the theatre on Voyager and in other areas of the ship ? 

TIA

2 hours ago, debgreg said:

Thanks, we have only been on large ships that have west end productions, what do they have in the theatre on Voyager and in other areas of the ship ? 

TIA

Typical cruise ship production shows (signing and dancing) and various headliners, such as comedians, jugglers, magicians, tribute acts, singers, etc.

We were on Voyager in March last year - the ship does definitely need upgrading, but the only thing that impacted or frustrated us was some of the public toilets continually going out of service and it was a bit yucky with flush buttons missing and leaky toilets in some ..... it was annoying but honestly, it didn't affect our enjoyment and had a great time, food was excellent, staff were lovely, we enjoyed the shows (some more than others),  and our cabin was excellent.

3 hours ago, juda said:

We were on Voyager in March last year - the ship does definitely need upgrading, but the only thing that impacted or frustrated us was some of the public toilets continually going out of service and it was a bit yucky with flush buttons missing and leaky toilets in some

Most times it is just as convenient to go back to your stateroom - also less chance of catching anything!

• 2 weeks later...

The ship condition is old, but still acceptable. Cabins on Deck 12 are newer due to the refurbishment they had to add on more rooms in the recent years. Balcony rooms tend to see a little wear and tear with rusty balcony parts. Recently the ship have changed its management and it have taken more focus on the Chinese market. The Captain and Cruise Director have recently changed and are now Chinese. Somehow feel a difference between my sailings between Nov 2018 and Feb 2019 with the former being more enjoyable and felt more RCI vs the latter. 

• 8 months later...
17 hours ago, Sydney32203 said:

Does anyone know if the Chinese Cruise director and captain will still be on the ship when it comes to Sydney in November for the summer? 

The only Asian CD with Royal is Fang Lixin and he is stationed on Spectrum and Quantum from mainland China. I think TheAsianCruiser was talking about the AM who was Chinese. If your sailing is November of this year, you will have Michelle from Brazil as your CD (do not miss her Zumba classes in the Royal Promenade) and Alex as your AM. The captain should be Captain Wu Huimin from China. Do not worry about the ship being Chinese, as outside of the HK sailings (especially the AU sailings), everything is very English oriented and activities, menus, and headliner entertainment will be targeted for the Aussies.