Sorry, another drink package question

bar1068

We're getting ready to book only our 3rd cruise on RCI and second on Anthem of the Seas. Last cruise on AOS we got the unlimited beverage package and are considering that again, but trying to determine the cost...not so easy. I seem to understand the price could be cruise/ship.itinerary specific, and the RCI website gives a cost range $63-70 per day, is that range due to varied cost per cruise/ship/etc? I tried calling RCI..that was...um...useless. Last time we also had a "deal" for the beverage with a VOOM internet package. My impression is those "deals" or similar are still offered from time to time?

Thanks.

12 minutes ago, bar1068 said:

We're getting ready to book only our 3rd cruise on RCI and second on Anthem of the Seas. Last cruise on AOS we got the unlimited beverage package and are considering that again, but trying to determine the cost...not so easy. I seem to understand the price could be cruise/ship.itinerary specific, and the RCI website gives a cost range $63-70 per day, is that range due to varied cost per cruise/ship/etc? I tried calling RCI..that was...um...useless. Last time we also had a "deal" for the beverage with a VOOM internet package. My impression is those "deals" or similar are still offered from time to time?

Thanks.

Yes, the price is different based on ship and itinerary.  Once you book your cruise you will be able to see what the different deals are.  For our sailing on Allure next month it was $59 most of the time but it did drop to $44.  The deluxe package with Voom is currently $60.  You can always book the package you want and if the price goes down for your sailing you can cancel and rebook at the discounted price.  This price is before the 18% gratuity.  I hope this helps!

Edited by jean-lynd

1 hour ago, bar1068 said:

Thanks.

We leave on the Jewel Friday and our price was $50. This represented a Crown & Anchor discount of 20%. They did run some specials along the way that were buy one get one for 50% off, but that was off the regular price on that ship of $63. Since we have 4 sea days on a 9 day cruise, the package made sense for us, just remember they add the 18% gratuity onto it when you purchase it. 

18 hours ago, bar1068 said:

I seem to understand the price could be cruise/ship.itinerary specific, and the RCI website gives a cost range $63-70 per day, is that range due to varied cost per cruise/ship/etc? I tried calling RCI..that was...um...useless. Last time we also had a "deal" for the beverage with a VOOM internet package. My impression is those "deals" or similar are still offered from time to time?

Thanks.

I believe that's the price you pay once on-board the ship. There will be some version of a never-ending sale where you may get 20% off....or 30% off....or Buy On, Get On 1/2 off (which is 25%).   That should bring your pricing into  mid-$40 to mid-$50 range.

Once booked, keep checking. If the price goes lower, it's super easy to cancel and re-book.