jewellery broke purchased at recommended store

healthworker

good evening,

While on cruise over xmas, purchased a bracelet from little Switzerland. Not even three weeks later,it broke and fell off while I was wearing it.  Little Switzerland wants us to mail it to them in st Thomas, and said I will not have it back for three ms and they do not know if/what charge would be. Would rather not do this. I know the ship  guarantees purchases made from recommended stores.  I have a number to call but they are closed. Does anyone have any experience with making a claim in this situation?

much appreciated!

Sounds Fishy

My next move would be to send copies of receipts/ship recommendation papers  etc to credit card company (dispute charge) and to Captains Club/Guest Services for recommended shop

For something to be "closed" is odd...

It should be verified. Maybe a phone/email problem and yet contacts at time of purchase should be same weeks later just mho

My experience with this is about 10 years old - at that time Celebrity was outsourcing  the guarantee with an outside company. I think it is still the same.  We also has a piece of jewelry break soon after the cruise. I did have to call the outside company and they had me mail the item. What I cant recall is whether they paid for me to mail to the foreign vendor or if I mailed it to them in Florida and they took care of getting it to the vendor. It was replaced.

It took time but we were pleased with the eventual outcome. Hope it works out for you also

thank you for your responses. Figured out had to email or call 1-888 royalmp for item purchased off ship, the number I was given yesterday was only for purchases made on ship.  Had to send them the receipt,which we did, and am awaiting response. 

We had great success with an office in Miami regarding an expensive handbag purchased at a guarantee store in St Kitts .  The bags handles frayed and unraveled within weeks, . They arranged for a replacement and threw in a few extra bag tags/ charms.   It was awhile ago and I  no longer have the phone no, but  I would try to go through the cruise line as well as dispute the charge,

55 minutes ago, healthworker said:

Called credit card co but only covered for theft/loss.  We got a response from customer service at 1-888-royalmp (not sure what it stands for but it is from cruise co) with a claim no and they are contacting little Switzerland. Stay tuned!

Sorry but that’s BS from your cc company. I disputed the charge on-line and got a credit in 2 weeks.  Just refuse to pay