Coco Cay questions

I’ve posted on the private islands forum, but didn’t receive any answers.  I’m going to try here. 

From everything I’m reading, there’s a good chance the Coco Cay pier will not be completed anywhere close to early Spring.  Our May Harmony cruise is scheduled to call on Coco Cay.  Am I correct that Oasis class ships do not tender?  If the itinerary is changed, will they wait until the last minute?

Also, there is a water park there, is there a pool that you can enter without the water park pass?  I figure many of you have been there and observed the progress. 

Thanks. 

I was there last month and I would guess, just by the looks of it, that the pier will be done by May. It's currently scheduled to be done in March.

Being that they've been promoting a May debut for Perfect Day at CocoCay, and have scheduled calls there on both Harmony and Symphony, I imagine Royal will do all that they can to avoid changing the itineraries of two of their newest and largest ships.

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

4 minutes ago, lizzy911 said:

I am sure this has been discussed before, I have heard CoCo Cay is missed a lot... any clue on the percentage of time it is skipped? Edit: Skipped due to not being able to tender

Our experience has been that we miss it about 1 out of 5 times.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, OfTheSeasCruiser said:

I was there last month and I would guess, just by the looks of it, that the pier will be done by May. It's currently scheduled to be done in March.

Being that they've been promoting a May debut for Perfect Day at CocoCay, and have scheduled calls there on both Harmony and Symphony, I imagine Royal will do all that they can to avoid changing the itineraries of two of their newest and largest ships.

From the drawings and TV ads it looks like the perimeter is somewhat the same as now ( we were there last weekend, January 11).  Even if the new areas are not all  operational, the ship can still  stop there, as long as the  pier is completed.  

Seems the pier is about 60 % complete, and in my untrained construction estimates,   the  island  construction looks way too incomplete to be ready by May.   We have a stop scheduled for Harmony in May and I hope we make it there!

M

1 minute ago, cruisegirl1 said:

From the drawings and TV ads it looks like the perimeter is somewhat the same as now ( we were there last weekend, January 11).  Even if the new areas are not all  operational, the ship can still  stop there, as long as the  pier is completed.  

Seems the pier is about 60 % complete, and in my untrained construction estimates,   the  island  construction looks way too incomplete to be ready by May.   We have a stop scheduled for Harmony in May and I hope we make it there!

M

I was only referring to the pier. If the pier isn't done, Oasis Class cannot stop there- end of story. I have no guesses as to whether the other features will be open by then or not. 

19 hours ago, queenfrostine22 said:

Was there for a hot minute in October.

(bad weather forced all back to the ship after an hour)

As far as I could tell, nothing was finished.

No pool-No water park-No dock

Yeah without Dock done if weather turns bad they don't want ever end up with People stuck overnite on Island like in the Past....

1 hour ago, lizzy911 said:

I am sure this has been discussed before, I have heard CoCo Cay is missed a lot... any clue on the percentage of time it is skipped? Edit: Skipped due to not being able to tender

Hotel Director John Denton, who has more experience with tendering to Coco Cay than probably any other human being, told me that it is missed about 15% of the time.