Small rant - Needing to get the Oasis Noro behind us - when do kids sail free again?

My wife and kids prepare and planned for months and unfortunately we ended up on the Oasis cruise that came back early. It was the first as a family of four and both kids ended up throwing up in the trash can for most of a day. Everyone keeps saying... “well at least you got a free cruise”. 

NO. 

I wish I wasn’t getting a refund, spent way too much onboard, and have nothing left except amazing memories as a family of four. The loss of time off, transportation costs, and frankly, the emotional toll and sense of unfulfillment we feel has us wanting a do-over sooner than later. 

I would have gladly taken the refunded cost and applied it at the next cruise desk for another sailing but that wasn’t an option. Half the fun of one of these trips is the anticipation of getting to go again. We don’t have that! I need to book something to feel like we can get away from the bad experience. (I was also surprised RC didn’t offer a next cruise credit to those that got sick) 

i wrote in to the CEO with an ask, that was denied, if he would consider letting those of us that booked during kids sail free to book another sailing under the same terms. Our budget allows a $2200 cruise plus gratuities (Times FOUR) but to get over $3000+ for the sailing just isn’t reasonable in our opinion. 

All of that being said can anyone give a reasonable prediction on when kids sail free may swing around again? We all know the promotions can be maddening but I’m hoping to get a booking to celebrate with my kids. 

Happy to answer questions about the sailing but in general we were happy with how RCI responded to events, feel more were sick than were actually reported, and know the crew went above and beyond to help. 

2 minutes ago, mtsublueraider said:

My wife and kids prepare and planned for months and unfortunately we ended up on the Oasis cruise that came back early. It was the first as a family of four and both kids ended up throwing up in the trash can for most of a day. Everyone keeps saying... “well at least you got a free cruise”. 

NO. 

I wish I wasn’t getting a refund, spent way too much onboard, and have nothing left except amazing memories as a family of four. The loss of time off, transportation costs, and frankly, the emotional toll and sense of unfulfillment we feel has us wanting a do-over sooner than later. 

I would have gladly taken the refunded cost and applied it at the next cruise desk for another sailing but that wasn’t an option. Half the fun of one of these trips is the anticipation of getting to go again. We don’t have that! I need to book something to feel like we can get away from the bad experience. (I was also surprised RC didn’t offer a next cruise credit to those that got sick) 

i wrote in to the CEO with an ask, that was denied, if he would consider letting those of us that booked during kids sail free to book another sailing under the same terms. Our budget allows a $2200 cruise plus gratuities (Times FOUR) but to get over $3000+ for the sailing just isn’t reasonable in our opinion. 

All of that being said can anyone give a reasonable prediction on when kids sail free may swing around again? We all know the promotions can be maddening but I’m hoping to get a booking to celebrate with my kids. 

Happy to answer questions about the sailing but in general we were happy with how RCI responded to events, feel more were sick than were actually reported, and know the crew went above and beyond to help. 

There are no set times for KSF.  Just keep watching.

3 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

There are no set times for KSF.  Just keep watching.

Drat, was hoping for a certain time of the year to look forward to rather than checking the timer on the website continually march down and then reset when the sale is.... SURPRISE... extended!!

8 minutes ago, mtsublueraider said:

Drat, was hoping for a certain time of the year to look forward to rather than checking the timer on the website continually march down and then reset when the sale is.... SURPRISE... extended!!

The timer sales that you see are mini sales within the month long promotion.  These mini sales only vary the amount of OBC or money off.

The main sales run for a month or longer and focus on the % off for giests 1 and 2 as well as KSF.

The Flyer below is the main sale for the month and runs until Jan 31 with 3rd and     

4th gusts sailing for less.

the next opportunity for a KSF is Feb 1.

ABA5D552-4113-44C9-B9CF-DB3520588045.png

Edited by Ourusualbeach

22 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

The timer sales that you see are mini sales within the month long promotion.  These mini sales only vary the amount of OBC or money off.

The main sales run for a month or longer and focus on the % off for giests 1 and 2 as well as KSF.

The Flyer below is the main sale for the month and runs until Jan 31 with 3rd and     

4th gusts sailing for less.

the next opportunity for a KSF is Feb 1.

ABA5D552-4113-44C9-B9CF-DB3520588045.png

Thank you! I didn’t realize how that worked. I guess the best remedy is always  to do mock bookings to see what the out the door price would be 

Sep through mid dec usually have a lot of ksf oasis class cruises. Then again in Jan and feb. 

You just have to wait for the sale to start again, but those cruises always tend to have them. 

We have saved a ton of money ever since Royal started the ksf promo. It’s the only one that actually gets us to a price we’re comfortable with. Only one more year though until kids start real school so it looks like summer cruises at full price will start soon.