Will there be enough time to Airport

EV2008

We will be on the Regal Princess in June and our flight leaves at 10:50 AM will we have enough time to use a Taxi from the port to the Airport, Princess says mit is 40 min to the Airport and possible 2 hour wait time for a Taxi, I would like to hear from previous experience

6 minutes ago, EV2008 said:

We will be on the Regal Princess in June and our flight leaves at 10:50 AM will we have enough time to use a Taxi from the port to the Airport, Princess says mit is 40 min to the Airport and possible 2 hour wait time for a Taxi, I would like to hear from previous experience

Which port/airport? What time do you dock?

You will likely find it fairly tight - especially if you consider the time it will take you to disembark, along with having to wait a couple of hours for a taxi.

I would suggest you consider arranging for a car service.

If you are getting in at 6am - you can likely plan on it being about 7am by the time you actually get off the ship and clear customs - then another hour to get loaded up in the car and drive to the airport (rush hour traffic!). This would get you to the airport about 3 hrs before your departure time - which is the recommended time allotment to clear security/customs and catch your flight.

11 minutes ago, GeorgeCharlie said:

his would get you to the airport about 3 hrs before your departure time - which is the recommended time allotment to clear security/customs and catch your flight.

Will depend on airline and destination for flight out of CPH - and maybe day of the week.

I'm travelling out of CPH very frequently - very rare that it does take more that 20 minutes for check-in and security - might add some time if flight from CPH is outside Schengen area (passport control) and for sure at least two hours before departure if flight to USA - I have never been at CPH airport 3 hours before departure and never missed a flight.

If you dock at 6 pm and book a car in advance you'll be at the airport before 8 am - no problem to catch a 10:50 flight.

Edited by hallasm
spelling