Limit on drinks

Cruisin 4 Ever

I observed one rather heavy drinker who was so drunk they had to get a wheel chair to get back to his room.   I understand he was called to a meeting with the Captain and told him he was cut off for the remainder of the trip.   If he repeated he was warned he would be tossed off the ship.   Observed him drinking soft drinks the remainder of the cruise. 

Wow, Jim he must have been one heck of a fish. I've seen some VERY happy people and they just kept rolling along with the bartenders.
Two weeks ago on the Equinox I saw a guy start his day at the pool bar with Glenlivet strait up. I was much more civilized with vodka and sprite zero.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I hate to say, but he was in MC and had been drinking heavy the whole cruise often seen  drinking as early as it opened and then napping (passed out) by mid-morning.   It was surprising as he was no spring-chicken -  I would estimate him to be in early 80's. 

Ooooh. Probably some medicine conflicts as well. I would think if he was dependent on the alcohol he wouldn't have been able to switch to only soft drinks.

*Side bar* When I have stayed at all inclusives in Jamaica I have spoken with many seasoned travelers that can't drink alcohol anymore because of their prescribed medicine. But they found out that they can enjoy the horticultural experience just fine. And enjoy they do.

• Like 1

Living in California, a  legal recreational use state, I know what you mean.   The first time I visited a dispensary I was surprised to find that a good 70% of the shoppers were seniors and predominantly buying edibles. 

I can only imagine cruising in the future when you can buy a unlimited horticultural card.   Brings new meaning to the High Seas.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

22 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I observed one rather heavy drinker who was so drunk they had to get a wheel chair to get back to his room.   I understand he was called to a meeting with the Captain and told him he was cut off for the remainder of the trip.   If he repeated he was warned he would be tossed off the ship.   Observed him drinking soft drinks the remainder of the cruise. 

I met a woman on our recent cruise who said she became overly intoxicated by drinking too quickly on an empty stomach and needed assistance to return to her room. The next day this woman was informed that her drink package was disabled for the next 3 days.  

Edited by kathynorth
  • Like 1

Wow.....   I really wonder how drunk she really was.    I'm sure that from Celebrity's point of view it is a safety and liability issue.  

On one of our cruise we saw a lady getting on the elevator after a Captain's Club party.   She was so drunk I don't know for the life of me how she made it to the elevator.

As they say -  Drink Responsibly!