Tried the Search Feature...White Night Question

Lois R

I looked on the "New to Azamara" thread and I tried the search feature but could not find the answer.  So, besides wearing white in the evening, what is the premise of WHITE NIGHT? Is there a party? Something out on deck? I am not usually into Theme nights but I have a pair of white jeans and top....sort of muted gold tones/white in it and would wear that....would love an explanation on what the ship offers for this "White Night"?

Thank you:classic_smile:

The White Night is an on-Deck Party. Most people wear something white, but you don't have to - you can wear whatever you like.

The food is a BBQ buffet which usually includes lobster, fillet steak, plus lots of other great dishes such as Frito Misto, large prawns, sushi/sashimi, and always include crepes suzette with ice cream, served by senior officers.

The band plays while you eat, then carries on for dancing later.

Its just a really good fun night - it’s always my favourite night of the cruise. You never know when it’s going to be until you get onboard.It is nearly always on a night when the ship is in port (whether docked or tendered) until late - 10:00pm at least.

• Haha 1

There will be s showcase buffet on deck with special (often locally sourced) food and live cooking including barbecue.  This will always happen, the weather option will be either eating out on deck or if the weather gods aren't happy you have tables set up in Windows as is the case every night (tablecloths etc).  If you are outside, one of the musicians will also play as you are eating

Around 7.45 there will be a crew parade and then the entertainment/ dancing starts through to 9.30-10.00.  What you are planning to wear will be absolutely spot on.

If the weather is not good, the dancing happens in the Cabaret Lounge

• Thanks 1

We actually had dinner in the dining room that night...surf and turf and a wonder tiramisu.  This was one of the best meals we had in our 14 nights.  We still made it outside for the crew parade, crepes Suzette, and the party.

9 hours ago, BuddyR said:

We actually had dinner in the dining room that night...surf and turf and a wonder tiramisu.  This was one of the best meals we had in our 14 nights.  We still made it outside for the crew parade, crepes Suzette, and the party.

We ate in the dining-room once on White Night and I agree it was a lovely meal - I think they must always do Surf & Turf on White Night as we had that too. However, we’ve never done it again as I love the atmosphere on deck and the food there is gorgeous too. Also the dining- room was pretty empty the night we ate there, so had no atmosphere at all!

Yes, if it’s not warm we have starter and mains in the main dining room then dessert (crepes) upstairs. If it’s bad weather they have sometimes moved the crepes to the cabaret lounge so watch for the small print info on in case of inclement weather in the Daily Insider