Disinfecting your cabin question.

TinkBellaMom

On 1/23/2019 at 10:18 AM, SantaFeFan said:

I never worry about such things and have also never been sick on a cruise - or on any vacation, actually. For decades I have allowed my body to build up immunity that medical science tells me is more effective at preventing illness than constantly disinfecting surfaces I may touch. The more you build up that bubble around you, the more dependent you become on it. 

Same here.  I have been sick when traveling a couple of times (I travel a lot internationally for work), but pretty much all have been food related.

But the last part is what people don't seem to get.  If you do not challenge your immune system, you are more prone to diseases that if take less drastic measures.

On 1/22/2019 at 7:46 PM, Diver2014 said:

Hee Hee…...okay I laughed with you.  But, let's not get carried away.  You don't wipe your menu down for 3 minutes.  You wipe it once then leave it for 3 minutes while you read it.  The less you handle to wipes, the better.  You cannot get the wipes near your eyes either.  Use them quickly, then dispose of them quickly.  They are not cure alls but I feel better using them.

Then it is not fully wet for the full 3 minutes, which is the requirement for disinfect.

Do what makes you happy, but millions of people take less precautions and do not get sick either.

7 minutes ago, SRF said:

Same here.  I have been sick when traveling a couple of times (I travel a lot internationally for work), but pretty much all have been food related.

But the last part is what people don't seem to get.  If you do not challenge your immune system, you are more prone to diseases that if take less drastic measures.

One does not need to "accept" every single 'challenge' to maintain a healthy immune system! :classic_ohmy:

GC