Distilled Water

Rockport Maggie

2 minutes ago, Rockport Maggie said:

Another question on sleep machine. Does Norwegian require one to carry machine in or can you pack the machine in your luggage. 

Thank all of you for answering my first question. 

You can pack it or carry it on..... NCL doesn't care.  As an owner of a CPAP machine myself, I would never pack it in checked luggage whether it's airline or cruise....

Would also be to your benefit to bring an extension cord and some type of tape to tape the cord to the carpet.  Not sure what type of room you have but in balcony rooms the only outlet on most ships is located near the counter which is located opposite to the head of the bed.

On 1/23/2019 at 1:10 PM, Rockport Maggie said:

Another question on sleep machine. Does Norwegian require one to carry machine in or can you pack the machine in your luggage. 

Thank all of you for answering my first question. 

The water out of the tap is pretty much distilled water, but they will give you a jug of it if you want it. As far as carrying your device. If you have ever seen the way luggage is handled you will definitely want to carry on your machine.

Water is bunkered in a lot of ports (i.e., the water bunkers are filled with water from the local port and NOT distilled). 

In most NCL cabins, there are no outlets near the bed. You will have to bring an extension cord (we bring a 12' cord and 6' cord which takes care of most rooms).

We only bring CPAPs on board in checked luggage. No problem. 

11 hours ago, zqvol said:

The water out of the tap is pretty much distilled water, but they will give you a jug of it if you want it. As far as carrying your device. If you have ever seen the way luggage is handled you will definitely want to carry on your machine.

Not really. Even the water created by distillation on board can be put through calcium carbonite (if I have that chemical right) to adjust the pH into a neutral range. It picks up minerals from that process. If you have a cpap machine just request the distilled water from the ship and they will provide it.

Also remember that the extension cord cannot be surge protected. A real basic 2 prong cord(unless your CPAP has a 3 prong plug) works the best. It doesn't add a lot of weight to you bag. Even if NCL says they will supply the cord we bring one with us anyway, because with CPAPs becoming more common I wonder how many extension cords they really have and would would not be happy to be the person that they run out of cord on.

brown-woods-general-purpose-cords-602-64_1000.jpg

I called the special request or access desk at NCL a couple of weeks ago to request distilled water as my husband travels with a CPAP machine, we sail on the Jade March 1. The NCL rep was very kind and helpful. Have your reservation# and room number info at hand. The ship will provide the distilled water at no extra cost to you, it will be waiting in your cabin when you arrive. I received a confirmation email from NCL noting the special request. The NCL rep will prompt you to bring an extension cord, at least 10 ft long.

Happy sailing!