First NCL cruise will be my last NCL cruise - Bliss

jeffjeffjeffjeff

Jeff, get the chip off your shoulder and just realize that the height change affected so few people they probably didn't think twice about it. Do you think that Disney or Universal notifies everyone who bought tickets if they need to make a change in one of their rides. Let's face it, this argument is really a non starter except to stir things up.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Kmkub said:

I'm sorry you are disappointed.  Suggestion for future planning - figure out what is important and what is optional and go from there.

I love my kids, but I would never choose a particular ship on any fleet because they had one unique option that my child may get to use 2 or 3 times.

(Have you ever seen the lines for some of these things on NCL? The waits are seriously long, and waiting for a second turn could be an all-day adventure.) 

My kids rode each of the water slides on the Getaway, once. That took a good chunk of their day. They never went back.

Well we all are different and prefer different things, have different experiences, I never waited once for the ropes course or the slides, just kept going back over and over and over.  (It is kind of hard to get out from the bottom of the slide area, no easy way to pull yourself up.)

6 minutes ago, phillyguy31 said:

Jeff, get the chip off your shoulder and just realize that the height change affected so few people they probably didn't think twice about it. Do you think that Disney or Universal notifies everyone who bought tickets if they need to make a change in one of their rides. Let's face it, this argument is really a non starter except to stir things up.

what is important to Jeff is not important to you, no chip about it

5 minutes ago, Kmkub said:

I'm sorry you are disappointed.  Suggestion for future planning - figure out what is important and what is optional and go from there.

I love my kids, but I would never choose a particular ship on any fleet because they had one unique option that my child may get to use 2 or 3 times.

(Have you ever seen the lines for some of these things on NCL? The waits are seriously long, and waiting for a second turn could be an all-day adventure.) 

My kids rode each of the water slides on the Getaway, once. That took a good chunk of their day. They never went back.

We rode the double carts every day. It never took more than 30 mins start to finish. Same with laser tag. I spoke to a gentleman in the elevator who had a similar experience with the single carts.

We did figure out what was important and the carts were it. I understand if your priorities would be different. 

2 minutes ago, jeffjeffjeffjeff said:

We rode the double carts every day. It never took more than 30 mins start to finish. Same with laser tag. I spoke to a gentleman in the elevator who had a similar experience with the single carts.

We did figure out what was important and the carts were it. I understand if your priorities would be different

I guess I misunderstood. You said this is going to be your first NCL cruise. 

Have a great cruise! We just got off the Jade, yesterday. I'll be writing my review in the next couple of days. It's a mixed review.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kmkub said:

I guess I misunderstood. You said this is going to be your first NCL cruise. 

Have a great cruise! We just got off the Jade, yesterday. I'll be writing my review in the next couple of days. It's a mixed review.

Started the thread before the cruise when NCL was still feeding me wrong information about the change. 

The cruise is now over and I came back to this because some posters were asking me to find more information. 

It is no secret that the people that answer the phones at NCL are detached from the ship board operations. 

9 minutes ago, jeffjeffjeffjeff said:

It is no secret that the people that answer the phones at NCL are detached from the ship board operations. 

I never trust the CS reps. I come here for answers. 😉

Actually, someone raised the point of cruising at set dining times with the same people and the same waitstaff.  First couple of cruises I took (back when my first cruise was on the SS Norway), it was sort of cool to have the same dining mates and waitstaff.  After that, not so much.  Sometimes the dining companions showed up, sometimes they didn't (sometimes we didn't).  So, that went out the window.  

On one of my cruises, I requested to have my table changed as my dining companions were.....well.....focused on others' wealth (and how it compared to theirs) and were generally unpleasant to be around.  Never wanted to go through that again.

In the last few years, the ability to dine where and when I wanted became more to my liking....a lot more.  Those who I want to dine with, usually prefer to dine with us.  As such, we plan to dine together in whatever venue we choose, whenever we choose.

Can't speak for the go-carts....never seen those on the Bliss.  I do doubt very seriously if I had a young person who wanted to ride them, and couldn't...we could probably find something else for them to do, as there's plenty.  Plus, I'm sure they'd enjoy it.  In brief, them not being allowed to ride the go-carts would in no way affect my ability to enjoy the cruise.

As they say, different strokes....different folks.

OP...BTW, I do empathize with you about being misquoted.  I had that happen to me a year or so ago here in CC.  I received some sort of "demerit" point.  Not sure what was quoted as I tried to find out who levied it.  Never could find out who that was, or why I was "pinged" other than another CC'er told me someone took my post and cut/pasted/reposted it to look like I was being snarky.  Still don't know why, but c'est la vie!

20 hours ago, Kmkub said:

that doesn't sound right. My kiddo loved using the water slides on the Getaway.... He went countless times for about 2 hours, while we sat next to the kiddie pool and watched him have soooo much fun. He did that the next day and then the next day....

2 minutes ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

that doesn't sound right. My kiddo loved using the water slides on the Getaway.... He went countless times for about 2 hours, while we sat next to the kiddie pool and watched him have soooo much fun. He did that the next day and then the next day....

Good to know. We went over Christmas, so we had literally a boatload of kids. That deck was madness.

1 minute ago, Kmkub said:

Good to know. We went over Christmas, so we had literally a boatload of kids. That deck was madness.

good point - this was the week before Christmas, but there was a ton of kids on the ship (probably, skipping school, like our DS did :) ).

On the first sea day it took 40 minutes to get our turn on the ropes course, but on subsequent days it took 5 minutes, and sometimes no wait at all. The rock climbing wall was maybe a 10 minute wait, and sometimes there was no wait at all, so DS went 3 times in a row (but they limit it to 3 times anyway).