Gratuities

podfir

I thought that staff could only keep cash tips from guests who leave autotipping in place. If the guest has stopped the automatic tips, then the staff member must hand the cash over to go into the tip pool. Staff can only keep cash if the autotips are left on.

If this is the case, then the OP's plan simply won't work. They might as well leave autotips in place and save themselves the hassle of seeking individual staff members out .

• Like 1

On ‎1‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 12:04 PM, bengaltiger1 said:

Could I ask if you are on a B2B, do you tip at the end of each cruise or at the end of the second one please? We pay our gratuities up front as we consider them part of the cost of the cruise.  It’s our first B2B and my instinct is to tip extra at the end of each cruise, but wondered what others did.  

Your auto tips will be applied daily.   On B2B we tip extra at the end of each cruise.  

On 1/23/2019 at 4:47 PM, boscobeans said:

We always pay the standard and except for one room steward in 20 years of cruising we didn't add a very good amount more to that.  

Just being either silly or cheap. 

Better get a wearable change maker so you can dispense your nickels and dimes more easily.

change.jpg

I love this has to be my all-time favorite post!! Well done.

Edited by southernbreezes

Simply put... leave the auto tip and give extra tip to those who do amazing jobs.

You know, we have to tip the laundry staff who washes our towels  and bed sheets and the staff that wash our plates, staff that wash vegetables making sure our salads are clean.

I would rather give to these hardworking people who gets Nada because they have no direct contact with cruisers

We tip every time we leave a table in the buffet section, so they already get extra from us, or every time we ask for our drinks. We give an extra 300.00 to our cabin crew personally, same with our dinner staff.

Yes, it is expensive but it feels good you are sharing your fun with the people serving you! Just think, we are blessed to be the one being served than the one serving!