Recent Platinum dinner changes/limits?

Sand and Seas

Trying to decipher from all the messages in threads about other subjects.  Some posts are saying numerous entree prices have been increased in Cagney's, Le Bistro and La Cucina beyond the $20 limit for Platinum dinners.    

In another post I thought someone said they had seen the entree limit for Platinum dinners increased to $25?

Just trying to plan ahead for which restaurants to use our Platinum dinners at and which for SDP.   (Cruising on the Bliss and Breakaway in the next couple of months.)   It's been hard to follow and keep up with the changes since the forums have been so quiet, possibly due to the SQL server errors:classic_unsure:

Didn't noticed LB's a la carte menu prices gone up higher 2 weeks ago on the Escape, but we ate last week in Moderno - noticed that the cover charge is $30 p/p and not $25 p/p ... both covered by our Latitude Platinum vouchers.  

While dining in LB, the server working a larger table behind us was explaining what is covered - using Latitude vouchers, SPD and those that order a la carte otherwise.  Most LB entree items were still under $20 + the usual surcharged items.  I didn't re-check prices later on.  Maybe those on the Escape this week, now docked in San Juan, PR can post the latest news.  

In past sailings, we order extra starter items and the server would "charge" us for the extras ... using the lowest priced items - the Four Mushrooms Soup is my favorite, I gladly "pay" for it vs. getting a highball glass worth of fountain soda for $4.14, although it's usually offset by OBC in our account. 

16 hours ago, Sand and Seas said:

Trying to decipher from all the messages in threads about other subjects.  Some posts are saying numerous entree prices have been increased in Cagney's, Le Bistro and La Cucina beyond the $20 limit for Platinum dinners.    

In another post I thought someone said they had seen the entree limit for Platinum dinners increased to $25?

Just trying to plan ahead for which restaurants to use our Platinum dinners at and which for SDP.   (Cruising on the Bliss and Breakaway in the next couple of months.)   It's been hard to follow and keep up with the changes since the forums have been so quiet, possibly due to the SQL server errors:classic_unsure:

For us, it was May and the $20 limit was in place in Cagney's. The other restaurants either we didn't try to order over $20 or they were not enforcing the rule. I know, I was floored when we went to Cagney's and learned of the extra charge. 

Just off Jan. 6-20 Escape cruise. We ate at La Cucina the first night. We were told in no uncertain terms that we would have to pay the difference for any entree over $20. Only 2 were under 20 plus there was a t-bone special for 19.99 which I ended up ordering. It was very good BTW. My wife wanted salmon but would not pay the 99 cent up charge out of principle. Later, some friends told us they had spoken to the Cruise Next dept. and were told the maximum entree included had been changed to $25 but not all staff were aware. Just to complicate things even more, when we went to Le Bistro towards the end of the cruise, our waiter told us we could order any entree no matter what the price. In short, who know?

9 hours ago, Christophene said:

Just off Jan. 6-20 Escape cruise. We ate at La Cucina the first night. We were told in no uncertain terms that we would have to pay the difference for any entree over $20. Only 2 were under 20 plus there was a t-bone special for 19.99 which I ended up ordering. It was very good BTW. My wife wanted salmon but would not pay the 99 cent up charge out of principle. Later, some friends told us they had spoken to the Cruise Next dept. and were told the maximum entree included had been changed to $25 but not all staff were aware. Just to complicate things even more, when we went to Le Bistro towards the end of the cruise, our waiter told us we could order any entree no matter what the price. In short, who know?

It does sound confusing as each specialty restaurant seems to have their own version of how to handle the new pricing for Platinum dinners.  

Thanks for the info your friends were given about increasing the max for entrees to $25.  Hopefully they will start printing that on the vouchers!

19 minutes ago, Sand and Seas said:

It does sound confusing as each specialty restaurant seems to have their own version of how to handle the new pricing for Platinum dinners.  

Thanks for the info your friends were given about increasing the max for entrees to $25.  Hopefully they will start printing that on the vouchers!

Sure wish we could something in writing about the increase, we leave Sunday on the Breakaway.

2 minutes ago, cheersforbeers said:

Sure wish we could something in writing about the increase, we leave Sunday on the Breakaway.

Maybe go to the CruiseNext desk first thing and ask them.    They are the experts on board about Platinum benefits.     Please report back to us how it goes for your cruise. 

We were on the Breakaway in November and had a great cruise.   Hope you enjoy yours:classic_cool:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sand and Seas said:

Maybe go to the CruiseNext desk first thing and ask them.    They are the experts on board about Platinum benefits.     Please report back to us how it goes for your cruise. 

We were on the Breakaway in November and had a great cruise.   Hope you enjoy yours:classic_cool:

S&S thanks, no matter what happens we always enjoy our cruises.  We enjoy the mega ships.  If they don’t up the voucher I don’t mind paying the $2 for a Ribeye, beats paying for the whole cow.  

Hopefully I can get back to the thread a update

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/24/2019 at 6:22 PM, cheersforbeers said:

S&S thanks, no matter what happens we always enjoy our cruises.  We enjoy the mega ships.  If they don’t up the voucher I don’t mind paying the $2 for a Ribeye, beats paying for the whole cow.  

Hopefully I can get back to the thread a update

Just off Breakaway February 7th and our vouchers covered our Ribeyes in Cagney’s with no additional cost.  2nd meal in Moderno and it was outstanding, especially the beef short ribs.  

Hope this helps

12 minutes ago, Sand and Seas said:

That's good to hear!  We will be on the Bliss in a couple of weeks. 

Which Specialty Restaurants did you like best?

Cagneys and Los Lobos were excellent.  Q was also very good. Very disappointed in Le Bistro on this ship.

5 minutes ago, ks said:

Cagneys and Los Lobos were excellent.  Q was also very good. Very disappointed in Le Bistro on this ship.

I think we will go to Los Lobos twice and skip Le Bistro.   We loved Los Lobos on the Dawn.  Good to know you enjoyed it on the Bliss 🙂

When we were on the Jade in January in La Cucina the one appetizer, one entrée and one dessert were enforced

but we were told not to worry about the $20 thing and then were offered the T-bone steak off menu but

he did not mention the cost. It was delicious.