Did RCI recently change soda carry on policy

11 minutes ago, JTBCruiser said:

Please forgive me if I confused this with another cruise line but I thought I read  a couple months back that RCI will allow you to bring a 12 pack of soda on board at a port.  Is this true? 

I think so?! Just screenshot this from the Royal Caribbean frequently asked questions site :

1825CA77-0624-439D-B28B-F144E69EF8FA.png

4 minutes ago, JTBCruiser said:

Thanks for the quick response but my question was geared towards a port during a cruise and not embarkation.  I know Carnival allows it but thought RCI followed to do the same.

Gotcha ~ sorry for misunderstanding!  I’m interested in the response to your question too now!

8 minutes ago, Saman said:

Also what happens if when on shore you buy a small bottle of water and have it in rucksack when go back on ship ,would it be taken away? Even if only half left

Anecdotal but I just send it through the xray machine and get it back on the other end.  Haven't had it taken away yet.

Yes, we had two ports on our last cruise where I brought back a couple small bottles of pop in my bag and security didn’t say a thing.  Mind you, I wasn’t concerned if they confiscated them since they were only $1 but it wasn’t a problem at all.

The policy is at the emarcation port you can bring up to 12 cans/bottles of non-alcholic beverages, along with two bottles of wine.

At the ports of call during the cruise, if you attempt to bring on any bottles of beverages alhcholic or not is subject to confisication with return at end of cruise.  Now if security actually enforces the policy is a different story

5 hours ago, Saman said:

Also what happens if when on shore you buy a small bottle of water and have it in rucksack when go back on ship ,would it be taken away? Even if only half left

We brought water back from a port in a backpack (2 open and 2 closed). After the backpack went through the x-ray, RCL Security opened the bag and shook all 4 bottles looking at the bubbles. I assume they have training to spot if we were trying to bring booze back onboard. They put the bottles back in the backpack after shaking them and let us continue back on the ship with all 4 bottles of water. 

This was on Oasis 2-3 years ago. 

6 hours ago, Saman said:

I have had them open up the bottle and smell it. I assume in case I was trying to smuggle in booze.