Royal Princess tips / advise

Kiwi_cruiser

Next month (2nd Feb 2019) we get on the Royal Princess to do a cruise around South America for 49 days :classic_ohmy:.

This will be our first time on the Royal Princess.

For those who have been on the Royal Princess before, can you share any tips / advise on the ship?

1 hour ago, Kiwi_cruiser said:

Next month (2nd Feb 2019) we get on the Royal Princess to do a cruise around South America for 49 days :classic_ohmy:.

This will be our first time on the Royal Princess.

For those who have been on the Royal Princess before, can you share any tips / advise on the ship?

On a side note, I think the person organizing the Meet & Greet is looking for the first names of you and your party.

Alfredo's - sit down waiter served, open 11am to late evening serving individual pizzas and other items. On a long cruise it's a nice break from the DR. No Charge

The buffet area is very large and one of the best at sea. Nice Horizon Terrace seating area aft. Coffee, tea and hot chocolate available all the time, no charge. The coffee is prepared from grounds. Try it.

Theater shows, arrive early for good seating. Encore and Secret Silt will fill quickly and you probably will have to arrive 45 minutes to an hour early.

Vista Lounge is a smaller venue and fills quickly for shows. 

Just off the Royal.  We ate at Alfredo's one day for lunch.  The pizza looked good but unfortunately we ordered the pasta.  It was swimming in grease and we couldn't eat it.  MDR was very good with lots of variety.  There were lots of nice alternatives to find a chair when the main pool area is too busy or too loud.  The outside back deck off the buffet was nice for breakfast and we always found a table.  Consonance Duo were great - a violin/piano combo that played beautifully, all their selections were well known - we tried to catch them whenever we could.

Here are links to a few dining options that I enjoy which are only available on Royal-Class ships.

Ocean Terrace Seafood Bar

http://www.beyondships2.com/uploads/8/2/4/5/8245255/cr201_ocean_terrace.pdf

Alfredo’s Pizzeria (multi course)

http://www.beyondships2.com/uploads/8/2/4/5/8245255/rp-alfredos_pizzeria-23-may-13.pdf

Winemakers Dinner ($40/pp)

http://www.beyondships2.com/uploads/8/2/4/5/8245255/wine_makers_menu_2-oct-13_without_price.pdf

I can not locate the current Gelato’s menu but for $3.50 you can get a sundae or on sea days freshly made crepes.

16141B1E-C7DE-44F5-9D65-E973F4ADB93C.jpeg

• Like 2

I wandered the ship during the night, when everyone was asleep. It is a beautiful ship. Definitely try the room service. Ask for a plate of potato chips and definitely try the chocolate layer cake. Get to Movies Under The Stars early.  I preferred the buffet over the dining room. I was not impressed with anything I ordered for dinner in the MDR. Have a great time!

E20507FA-7CBC-40CB-90CA-F5D0532FDC3C.jpeg

CD781F87-955F-40DF-911A-B748F715A87F.jpeg

• Like 1