OBC for excursions Feb 19

givemesunshine

14 minutes ago, KS&JW said:

Just be aware that if the excursion is sold out and there is a waitlist, if you cancel you will be put on the bottom of the wait list. Thank goodness this all goes away in the future.  

I have done this many, many times and have never encountered this. After all, you are already booked - not on a waitlist; no reason you should go to the end of the line.

In any case, should OP be faced with this situation, OP can choose not to cancel the tour. Alternatively, if OP had waited to book till onboard, OP would be out of luck if the tour is waitlisted.

Thus, if OP is truly interested in this tour, there is nothing to be lost by booking it now.

JMO.

Edited by Paulchili

We were able to book a tour with our OBC, even tho I don't like them, but no one wanted to go to St. Andrews with us.  Our cruise is in June and were able to take advantage of this new perk!  However, I'd much prefer if O left the spa treatments in place!:classic_rolleyes:

Arlene

6 hours ago, tanny18 said:

We were able to book a tour with our OBC, even tho I don't like them, but no one wanted to go to St. Andrews with us.  Our cruise is in June and were able to take advantage of this new perk!  However, I'd much prefer if O left the spa treatments in place!:classic_rolleyes:

Arlene

Which ship are you on Arlene?

13 hours ago, tanny18 said:

Arlene

Aren't  the free spa treatments a  perk of Oceania Club benefits?

Not really the same thing as being able to use OBC  ahead of the cruise

soon we will have less OBC to worry about  anyway 🙁

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

Aren't  the free spa treatments a  perk of Oceania Club benefits?

Not really the same thing as being able to use OBC  ahead of the cruise

soon we will have less OBC to worry about  anyway 🙁

Hi, Yes the spa treatments are a perk for OC members; however, after November  '19 they will disappear!!  That was my point - I will very much miss the spa treatments that I have enjoyed for the last 10 cruises.  The OBC to use beforehand is a perk for people who want to book excursions with their credit and not have to hope there will be room when they board.  I NEVER use their excursions and only this time because we have to!!  Oceania giveth and Oceania taketh away.  As for less OBC, instead of $600, we'll get $500 which is not a big deal.

Arlene

• Like 1

Just now, tanny18 said:

I will very much miss the spa treatments that I have enjoyed for the last 10 cruises.  The OBC to use beforehand is a perk for people who want to book excursions with their credit and not have to hope there will be room when they board.  I NEVER use their excursions and only this time because we have to!!  Oceania giveth and Oceania taketh away.  As for less OBC, instead of $600, we'll get $500 which is not a big deal.

Arlene

People can book other things  ahead of time  with the OBC  eg: cooking classes, spa treatments, La Reserve

2 hours ago, LHT28 said:

People can book other things  ahead of time  with the OBC  eg: cooking classes, spa treatments, La Reserve

Yes they can, BUT excursions are to be booked in advance with OBC after May 19 cruises and it is very nice; however, they took away  my spa treatments and if I want them, I have to use OBC for them instead of OBC for something else like wine and drinks!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tanny18 said:

Yes they can, BUT excursions are to be booked in advance with OBC after May 19 cruises and it is very nice; however, they took away  my spa treatments and if I want them, I have to use OBC for them instead of OBC for something else like wine and drinks!!

after Nov 1st  the spa perk is gone  you should be fine  up to then

am I missing something??