Any compensation for NOT taking free air?

Melody7

I've seen a few posts that mention that when customers have declined the free airfare offer they have received a lower fare/compensation. Does anyone have experience with NOT choosing free airfare on the "Take All 6" promotions for balconies and above? Just looking for people's experiences. Thanks!

9 hours ago, Melody7 said:

Thanks for the confirmation, you guys! I had just seen previous posts about a $100 price deduction by not taking airfare. That must have been for a different style of promotion.

You can always call NCL and ask what the alternatives are - can I mix and match - substitute something else.

Possible to upgrade to the next level of cabin with the savings if any.

Nothing ventured nothing gained -

February just around the corner -

Current 6 offer promotion expiring -

Possible to wait for some new offers and if you have cruised NCL before new latitudes inside offers (current LINK) :

https://www.ncl.com/latitudes-rewards-program/insider-offer

There is always some promo going on - seize the one that works best for you and ask those ???s

according to NCL all depends on the Promotion your cruise is listed under. We did in fact get a reduction on an upcoming cruise,  because we declined  "free air fare".   next cruise looking at had air promo  also, not available  from our departure city.  NO reduction in price offered or given.  I said we had gotten a reduction last time because we declined, answer, NOT the same Promotion.  go figure

When Free Air was first launched last fall, it was a separate promotion that you got in addition to Free At Sea.  At that time, you could get a discount if you declined it as the fares had gone up slightly to cover the cost of it being "free".  They later rolled it into Free At Sea by now giving you 3 choices instead of 2.  This way, if you didn't want or need airfare you could simply select another choice.  With Take All 6, as is the case in suites all the time, you have the option of declining any of the promotions that have a service fee attached to them, but you don't get any credit other than not owing the service fees.