Using drinks package in specialty restaurants

cruiser man 60

For an upcoming cruise we have a drinks package included but it says all bars/restaurants except speciality.

does this mean as well as paying extra for a meal in the specialty restaurants you also have to pay extra for any drinks plus a service charge?

i don't mind paying extra for a special meal but feel it's a bit much to charge you for drinks if you have a package as well.

Not sure what ship you are on, but there is a common bar on deck 16 outside the specialty restaurants on Seaside and Seaview.  Just get a drink there and carry it into the restaurant.  Or any other ship, get a drink in a nearby bar before going into the dining room.

2 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

We're just off Armonia ... We were told in the speciality restaurant that the Easy drinks package does not cover drinks there (all other packages were honoured).

Bea ... That is mentioned in the drink package details online, somewhat odd if you ask me.

Just now, sidari said:

Bea ... That is mentioned in the drink package details online, somewhat odd if you ask me.

I remember a time when no drinks packages were honoured in SRs.  I imagine that the level of complaints changed that policy!!

2 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

I remember a time when no drinks packages were honoured in SRs.  I imagine that the level of complaints changed that policy!!

Certainly an odd thing to do, but then again so is Downgrading Aurea.

Our Deluxe package was honoured and our waiter told us only the Easy package is not accepted.

I agree, though ... it is disgraceful!  They didn't get away with it for long, before.  I reckon it'll be the same this time 'round.  You'd imagine they'd have learned from their mistake first time round.  🙄

Sadly they seem to learn very little, it is only the Easy package that is not honoured in the SR's.

Stupidity certainly still reigns in the world of MSC, the UK site has been updated once again and now people cannot find their booked packages or booked WiFi!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CruisingFox27 said:

Apologies, I'm wrong! Premium does. 

Bea, were you not on the old package? 

I'm expecting our old AIRB to be honoured. 

Yes ... the old Deluxe.  It's basically the same as the new Premium but has gelato, (some) room service items, room service drinks and mini bar included which the new Premium doesn't.

3 hours ago, cruiser man 60 said:

For an upcoming cruise we have a drinks package included but it says all bars/restaurants except speciality.

does this mean as well as paying extra for a meal in the specialty restaurants you also have to pay extra for any drinks plus a service charge?

i don't mind paying extra for a special meal but feel it's a bit much to charge you for drinks if you have a package as well.

We had no problem whatsoever, on Meraviglia, both times we used Butchers' Cut restaurant.....they provided the wines and after meal drinks we requested, on our YC package which was equivalent to the old deluxe.

50 minutes ago, hamrag said:

We had no problem whatsoever, on Meraviglia, both times we used Butchers' Cut restaurant.....they provided the wines and after meal drinks we requested, on our YC package which was equivalent to the old deluxe.

Obviously Cruiser man will have the Easy package included.  It's been established, now, tjat it's the only inclusive package not accepted.

Actually, the only time I had a drink order (almost) rejected as not included in our Deluxe was in the Surf & Turf;  I had been drinking Oberon wine (@ $14 a glass) and I ordered it in S&T; the waiter went off, then came back and said that I could only have wine up to the value of $12.  I explained I'd been having it all week;  the hostess arrived over to the table to apologise for her mistake and explained that having 8 different packages to deal with sometimes led to confusion with her.  Just as well I knew what I could have!

As an FYI ... the only drinks not included on (old) Deluxe and (new) Premium are on the Coinnoisseurs list on the menus.  (Sorry that's of no help or relevance to you, Cruiser man ... unless, of course, you're considering upgrading).

8 hours ago, Beamafar said:

Obviously Cruiser man will have the Easy package included.  It's been established, now, tjat it's the only inclusive package not accepted.

Actually, the only time I had a drink order (almost) rejected as not included in our Deluxe was in the Surf & Turf;  I had been drinking Oberon wine (@ $14 a glass) and I ordered it in S&T; the waiter went off, then came back and said that I could only have wine up to the value of $12.  I explained I'd been having it all week;  the hostess arrived over to the table to apologise for her mistake and explained that having 8 different packages to deal with sometimes led to confusion with her.  Just as well I knew what I could have!

As an FYI ... the only drinks not included on (old) Deluxe and (new) Premium are on the Coinnoisseurs list on the menus.  (Sorry that's of no help or relevance to you, Cruiser man ... unless, of course, you're considering upgrading).

Hi Bea...

I assume everything went well out there and the trip/ship delivered.

Glad to read the old deluxe was honoured virtually without fault.

This connoisseurs list that remains prohibited  ....Is this virtually the old ** without the ** being displayed? 

Frank

We have the Easy package as part of Aurea booked after changes,it was a good deal at only £15 pppd more than Fantastica but obviously not as good a drinks package as previously.

we probably won't bother with speciality restaurants as not sure we can be bothered with hassle of bringing own drinks in but will check position when on board.

7 hours ago, citizenfrank said:

Hi Bea...

I assume everything went well out there and the trip/ship delivered.

Glad to read the old deluxe was honoured virtually without fault.

This connoisseurs list that remains prohibited  ....Is this virtually the old ** without the ** being displayed? 

Frank

Hi Frank ... I'd say, basically, yes.

It was a great trip ... I'll write up a report when we get home (If we get home, what with the snow LOL) and go into a bit more detail.

19 hours ago, Beamafar said:

We're just off Armonia ... We were told in the speciality restaurant that the Easy drinks package does not cover drinks there (all other packages were honoured).

Bea ... You got away just in time from Cuba, have seen the photos earlier of the devestation caused by the Tornado.

• Thanks 1