Coastal Kitchen Reservations

FPP777

3 minutes ago, GetToLivin said:

Anyway, it's disappointing that situations like this are created due to card restrictions on what we already have a right to experience...boo. 

The only point I would disagree with you on is that the CK / suite lounge is all connected. So having your card access would then let you sit at the bar or lounge with free drinks since no one is there to check your card. There are typically two Maitre d's at the hostess table it will be rare to wait long to get in  

7 minutes ago, Tulsacoker said:

. So having your card access would then let you sit at the bar or lounge with free drinks since no one is there to check your card. 

Not been our experience the bartenders will ask for your "suite/gold/purple" card at first and then after if they don't recognize you.  I have seen them turn away people without suite cards.  A couple of times we invited our kids to cocktails/dinner and I had to go get their drinks.  They did have a drink package, but that didn't matter to the SL bartenders.  They still needed access.   

Edited by ATSEAMYLIFE

3 hours ago, GetToLivin said:

Posting this here as to avoid starting a new thread. Has anyone sailed recently in a JS on an Oasis class ship and had issues with your seapass giving you access to CK for dinner? If so, is the waitstaff within eyeshot to let you in?  I've been disappointed to read some people having this experience, seems a bit condescending, so I'm wondering from recent travelers if this has been fixed or is still common practice. 

Was in JS end of January.  As we cannot reserve ahead of time, we went to CK, knocked on door or just walked in if door open.  Waitstaff usually sees you before you knock.  Was able to eat there almost every evening.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tulsacoker said:

The only point I would disagree with you on is that the CK / suite lounge is all connected. So having your card access would then let you sit at the bar or lounge with free drinks since no one is there to check your card. There are typically two Maitre d's at the hostess table it will be rare to wait long to get in  

Ohh, I did not realize CK/suite lounge was all one space, makes more sense 

Edited by GetToLivin

Is there any website or thread that offers a menu comparison of the main dining room vs CK? I've made MDR reservations because the RCL website won't allow me to make CK reservations. We're booked in a CLS. There are many items I like in the MDR that doesn't seem to be offered in CK. 

Edited by sonogal

On ‎2‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 11:27 AM, ATSEAMYLIFE said:

Not been our experience the bartenders will ask for your "suite/gold/purple" card at first and then after if they don't recognize you.  I have seen them turn away people without suite cards.  A couple of times we invited our kids to cocktails/dinner and I had to go get their drinks.  They did have a drink package, but that didn't matter to the SL bartenders.  They still needed access.   

I am confused about this statement.  We are in a JS and if we are dining at Coastal Kitchen for dinner does that mean that we can't use the suite's bar to get drinks with our drink package?  We did that a couple of years ago on the Oasis without any problems.

I can't answer your question as the kids weren't in a Jr suite and were our invites for pre-dinner cocktails and dinner in CK.  The DIL went to the bar to get drinks for her and DS.  The bartender not recognizing her asked for a room card.  He then turned her down.  

• Thanks 1

On 2/23/2019 at 3:15 PM, RoperDK said:

I am confused about this statement.  We are in a JS and if we are dining at Coastal Kitchen for dinner does that mean that we can't use the suite's bar to get drinks with our drink package?  We did that a couple of years ago on the Oasis without any problems.

You will be able to get drinks from the suite lounge bar if you have a drink package while you are eating at the coastal kitchen for dinner.

• Thanks 1