Coastal Kitchen Reservations

FPP777

7 hours ago, FPP777 said:

Any risk of not being able to getday of?

Depends on how many Pinnacles onboard. I would suggest you reply to your Concierge with your preferred dining times after they send you your pre cruise letter (3-7 days out). Once onboard, you compete with others who are permitted access to SL/CK. 

@Andy C

• Haha 1

Please do not wait until you board.  The concierge will send you an email the week prior.  Email back immediately with your dining preferences.  As @Milwaukee Eight mentioned, Royal allows their elite level pinnacle members to use all the suite amenities even if they are not staying in suites - and note that none of Royal's suite class collateral mentions any of this.  There are many threads on here of SUITE PAYING passengers not getting preferred times or being seated hours after their reservation because the venue is so small and they not only allow these NSPPs (non suite paying pinnacles) but in many cases give them priority.  Good luck and may you not suffer the fate my family and others suffered because we were on a sailing with large amounts of NSPPs.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/30/2019 at 8:49 AM, George C said:

We responded to concierge after getting his email saying we wanted the first two nights at 8 pm , it was never that crowded on oasis two months ago and there was lots of pinnacles.

Does the concierge email you because you are in a suite or is it because you are a pinnacle member?

On 1/29/2019 at 11:39 PM, FPP777 said:

Can CK reservations be made day of, or do you have to make them in advance? In a GS. 

do not wait until you board.....respond to concierge letter if you are in a GS or above...we always do that and have not had a problem..but it could be if many pinnacles are on board..better safe than miss out

We are not pinnacle so can’t speak to when CK is open for booking for pinnacles. But when we have been fortunate enough to book GS or above we have been able to book CK when other specialty dining opens up on our cruise planner.   For our Anthem June 2019 cruise we were able to book CK in May 2018 along with MTD and other specialty dining.  

58 minutes ago, gerig said:

Does the concierge email you because you are in a suite or is it because you are a pinnacle member?

We are Pinnacle and have cruised on ships with Coastal Kitchen numerous times. The only time we ever got an email from the concierge was when we were in a grand suite. Suite guests have priority reserving meals in the Coastal Kitchen but we've never had a problem booking a meal in the Coastal Kitchen except when we did the Harmony TA a few years ago and there were 5,000 Pinnacles on board (well, it seemed like that many).

Tim 

Three OASIS class trips in an OS and never had an issue getting RSVP's day of.  We are flexible on times and usually eat later than most people so it's never been a problem.  Most times we don't know where we want to eat until that day so don't want to make a RSVP for every day "just in case" and keep other people from not getting a RSVP when we are a "no show."  I will either make a RSVP the night before when having a cocktail in the Suite Lounge or go in around lunch time and make one for that night.  Being flexible on our times we could always get a table 

9 hours ago, cruisin4kicks said:

We are Pinnacle and have cruised on ships with Coastal Kitchen numerous times. The only time we ever got an email from the concierge was when we were in a grand suite. Suite guests have priority reserving meals in the Coastal Kitchen but we've never had a problem booking a meal in the Coastal Kitchen except when we did the Harmony TA a few years ago and there were 5,000 Pinnacles on board (well, it seemed like that many).

Tim 

We are diamond plus so we do not get that benefit but we are in a junior suite and in the past I have always been able to book on line but now the cruise planner states I have to do this on board.  

Last cruise on Oasis in a JS, I was only permitted to make reservations for dinner on the day of. I went to CK every morning first thing, and booked a table based on availability. We just worked around that schedule. Many tables were reserved, but every night the dining room was only half full at best. It seems to me many passengers book CK and wind up going somewhere else and don't cancel.

Posting this here as to avoid starting a new thread. Has anyone sailed recently in a JS on an Oasis class ship and had issues with your seapass giving you access to CK for dinner? If so, is the waitstaff within eyeshot to let you in?  I've been disappointed to read some people having this experience, seems a bit condescending, so I'm wondering from recent travelers if this has been fixed or is still common practice. 

Last cruise on Allure in a JS seapass would not let us in for dinner. Just wait if no one is at the desk and someone will let you in no problem. I doubt if they could or would set the door to give JS access only during certain times. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, bruzin_for_a_cruizin said:

It seems to me many passengers book CK and wind up going somewhere else and don't cancel.

That's why we never RSVP CK for every meal as we know we won't go there that much and it isn't fair to lock up a table and not cancel.  It's also the reason I don't think we have had a problem getting a table on short notice.  More often that not when we went for a cocktail around 6:30 there were CK tables available we could have immediately gone to.  I don't recall ever flexing our dinner time more than 30 min's from what we wanted when we asked during cocktails.  Granted it was only two of us so that makes seating a little easier.  

47 minutes ago, GetToLivin said:

Posting this here as to avoid starting a new thread. Has anyone sailed recently in a JS on an Oasis class ship and had issues with your seapass giving you access to CK for dinner? If so, is the waitstaff within eyeshot to let you in?  I've been disappointed to read some people having this experience, seems a bit condescending, so I'm wondering from recent travelers if this has been fixed or is still common practice. 

I would be surprised if a JS sea pass card would ever let you in the CK / SL  

JS card does not let you in to CK. The hostess will have to open the door for you.

We actually had an "incident" where we arrived at the CK for our reservation and this snooty older couple was inside already, waiting for the hostess. We knocked, and asked them nicely to please open the door. They acted horrified that this family -- freshly showered and appropriately dressed, mind you -- would deign to assume they would be admitted to the sacred chamber reserved only for the special people like them.

We saw (through the glass door!) the disgust with which they ratted on us to the hostess. Who, of course, proceeded to open the door for us. The couple glared at us through the whole meal and I just smiled back.

16 minutes ago, bruzin_for_a_cruizin said:

We actually had an "incident" where we arrived at the CK for our reservation and this snooty older couple was inside already, waiting for the hostess. We knocked, and asked them nicely to please open the door. They acted horrified that this family -- freshly showered and appropriately dressed, mind you -- would deign to assume they would be admitted to the sacred chamber reserved only for the special people like them.

Entitlement never looks good on anybody and I'm always surprised behavior like this exists. I've booked everything from an inside on the bottom of the ship to a GS with the perks, we still smile and treat people like, well, people!

Anyway, it's disappointing that situations like this are created due to card restrictions on what we already have a right to experience...boo.