Anthem -- How early to arrive at shows (without the Key)

zooma

Assuming we have made reservations for the main shows (We Will Rock You, Spectra's ...), approximately when would a party of 4 need to arrive in order to get decent seats together? (This is obviously not for those with special reserved seating sections such as suites or Key.) Traveling during busy summer season. 20 minutes prior to start of show? 30 minutes prior? Earlier? TIA

FYI:  I was advised by RCL that 25% of seats are held for on board reservations.  My recommendation is as soon as you board, go to the back of the ship at 2x70, and there are kiosks and live RCL personnel that you are able to make reservations.  Again, you need to get on the ship as early as you can.

Please keep in mind, that 15 minutes prior to any show, anyone with reservations that are not scanned in, those reservations are released to those waiting to get in.

Also, I believe from my past Quantum/Anthem cruises that no cruise planner reservations are allowed for Headliners shows and it's on a first come basis.

Hope this helps.

• Thanks 1

If you see a line to get in, I suggest you check out the other entrances. When we went there was a huge line on one entrance and zero line in the other. If you look at the deck plan for Anthem you can sort of see why. The main hallway feeds to the port side entrance of the theater on Deck 3. The starboard side entrance is tucked away behind the Music Hall. Use the Starboard entrance!

• Thanks 1

Whether you have reservations or not my suggestion would be to arrive if possible 45 minutes ahead to get four seats together at a spot of your choosing. Otherwise you will have to be wandering around trying to grab. That was our experience if we were there 30 or 25 minutes before the show.

• Thanks 1

So I discern from this that your reservation is a general admission type, you still need to show up early to get good seats? And do they have a separate line for those with reservations?

Edited by sparks1093

20 minutes ago, sparks1093 said:

So I discern from this that your reservation is a general admission type, you still need to show up early to get good seats? And do they have a separate line for those with reservations?

Yes, and not a separate line.  As you show up, the staff will scan your sea pass and if you have reserves, you will be allowed in.

• Thanks 1

30-45 minutes. There are areas of the theater with obstructed views. Balcony has several, and some areas of balcony are "reserved" for suites. For Spectra- also areas of obstructed view so arrive early. I like right side of room (toward bar), great shows- enjoy!!

• Thanks 1