Weather on cruise from San Francisco Gran Princess

delmonte man

Of the 17 times I have cruised to Mexico from LA, dates of Dec. through March, It has always been cold even raining sometimes for the first day or even two.  Always nice when we get to Cabo even warmer when you get to Puerto Vallarta.  Same on the way back, the last day is always cold.  We wear layers and a wind breaker when walking the decks at night.  Swimming in the pools only the time in Mexico.  So I would well imagine that your sea days north of LA will be cold too.  Hope this helps.

I just got off this cruise on Sunday.  There were people poolside on day 2 but not in the pool.  On day 3, many were swimming, including me,  but the pool was chilly.  On the way back, both days I was able to sit in the sun on my balcony in shorts and a tank top.  I didn't go up to the pool area so I don't know how it was up there.  

wonderful !  We've been having some strange weather out west as you are experiencing now.  Lows in the mid to high 50's  with high temps mid 60's and gradually increasing as you sail south. The jet stream has been well to the North allowing high pressure systems to invade south central coast of Cali. 

13 hours ago, delmonte man said:

We are cruising on grand princess February 21st. What will the weather be like from Sanfrancisco to Mexico three sea days in February?

We're on the same cruise and have done this itinerary numerous times. 

Leaving SanFran this time of year is always a bit cold, could be rainy too.  It gets warmer the further south we go, until it's almost hot.  

Bring jackets for the trip out and shorts for the time in Mexico.  

Join us on the roll call, 

On 1/30/2019 at 4:14 AM, delmonte man said:

We are cruising on grand princess February 21st. What will the weather be like from Sanfrancisco to Mexico three sea days in February?

Did our annual 10 day Mexican Rivirera Cruise  from San Francisco on the Grand last month.  It was our 11th..

Expect cool weather sailing out of San Francisco Bay..  Recommend a light jacket or windbreaker if you plan to be topside during sailaway party.  Then expect mild to warmer weather all the way down to Mexico.  Should be smooth and calm seas once you are at sea.

Enjoy.

King

Edited by Kingofcool1947