February Promotion

Binbrooklady

It really doesn't matter. In most cases if they offer you a promotion they simply roll  the cost of whatever they are telling you that they are giving into the price. They make you think that you are getting something at no cost that you are really paying for, Largely smoke and mirrors. Now rarely there is a great deal so you need to do your homework.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Keep checking, and always do your homework by watching the price yourself...keep everything written down, so that you can always compare.  If it looks good and you have some facts, make the decision...that way you will know if it is a deal or not.  I have been watching CA for many weeks, and just got a fantastic deal with business class to Europe...it always pays to do your homework with cruises and air!

Edited by Lastdance
  • Like 1

Does Celebrity ever discount the cost to upgrade from Classic to Premium Beverage package?  Currently $11.80 per day per person.  I sail in 7 1/2 weeks.   Should I pay for it now with my OBC posted to my account, or wait and see?  

22 minutes ago, mfs2k said:

Does Celebrity ever discount the cost to upgrade from Classic to Premium Beverage package?  Currently $11.80 per day per person.  I sail in 7 1/2 weeks.   Should I pay for it now with my OBC posted to my account, or wait and see?  

Why not wait until you are onboard and compare the selection of drinks between the two packages to see if it's worth upgrading? I've never heard of the price to upgrade from CBP to PBP  being discounted. 

15 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Why not wait until you are onboard and compare the selection of drinks between the two packages to see if it's worth upgrading? I've never heard of the price to upgrade from CBP to PBP  being discounted. 

Discounts on select excursions and packages, including CBP to PBP were offered twice during the months prior to South America cruise in Dec 2018.

I agree with your recommendation to wait until onboard unless there is a special discounted rate offered before the cruise begins.

Edited by kathynorth

5 hours ago, Orator said:

It really doesn't matter. In most cases if they offer you a promotion they simply roll  the cost of whatever they are telling you that they are giving into the price. They make you think that you are getting something at no cost that you are really paying for, Largely smoke and mirrors. Now rarely there is a great deal so you need to do your homework.

While I agree, Celebrity doesn't typically lower base fares drastically.  So if you book a "good deal" outside of a promo - you may miss out on getting the booze package and/or some onboard credit at a similar base fare price. 

2 hours ago, mfs2k said:

I was able to upgrade the drink package at a 25% discount for my upcoming Edge cruise. X emailed offers a few times for discounted excursions and packages. I don’t know if they do it for every cruise, though. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mfs2k said:

Last summer those premium beverage package upgrades were a big deal, usually it was just 10% but something is better than nothing.

• Like 1

The email we got today offers premium drink package, prepaid gratuities, unlimited internet and a $300 OBC.   Plus....our TA adds 10% of the base fare as additional OBC.   This is for cruises between 5/1/19 and 3/31/20.  The caveat is that it's a non-refundable deposit.    

38 minutes ago, Kartgv said:

The email we got today offers premium drink package, prepaid gratuities, unlimited internet and a $300 OBC.   Plus....our TA adds 10% of the base fare as additional OBC.   This is for cruises between 5/1/19 and 3/31/20.  The caveat is that it's a non-refundable deposit.    

Got the same email so checked pricing on a Summit cruise we've already booked with this TA. The price is up about 21%, or $1400 total. It's a suite which already gets all the perks, so there's no added value involved. In fact, our deposit is refundable, so the value is now less. I agree with others that these "promotions" often represent an across-the-board price increase to cover the perks and for some it's just a price increase, period. As some have noted, do your homework, shop early and make sure any promos that pop up are really of value to you.

33 minutes ago, XtaSea said:

Got the same email so checked pricing on a Summit cruise we've already booked with this TA. The price is up about 21%, or $1400 total. It's a suite which already gets all the perks, so there's no added value involved. In fact, our deposit is refundable, so the value is now less. I agree with others that these "promotions" often represent an across-the-board price increase to cover the perks and for some it's just a price increase, period. As some have noted, do your homework, shop early and make sure any promos that pop up are really of value to you.

Exactly what I received and exactly what I found when I compared the math/numbers for a Summit in Jan. 2020.... A bit disappointing tbh.

35 minutes ago, XtaSea said:

Right - sounds great on the surface, but prices are still high.   We already have 3 cruises booked in the next 8 months, and really don't see anything we'd want between Nov/2019-March/2020.   If they did Hawaii or any West Coast cruises during that period, we'd be booking, but there's nothing in that time period that's worth the winter travel issues for us.   

We did get this same promo last year when booking our Sept.2019 Summit New England cruise; those prices seemed high at the time, but they're higher now!    

I rebooked our balcony room under this deal just a couple hours ago - got extra perks and an additional $200 dollars obc - all for LESS money than original booking.  Even the person helping me couldn't believe it.  I call that a win in my book!

1 hour ago, sgcass123 said:

I rebooked our balcony room under this deal just a couple hours ago - got extra perks and an additional $200 dollars obc - all for LESS money than original booking.  Even the person helping me couldn't believe it.  I call that a win in my book!

What is your sail date & ship?

On 1/30/2019 at 3:16 PM, davekathy said:

They actually will sometimes run a discount.  There was 20%off in the fall for the cruise we are taking in April.  Just watch your email or check your cruise planner...you never know there maybe some kind of offer.