Boston Shuttle

exbrit1941

We will be on the Summit out of NJ in September stopping in Boston.Would any of you very kind folks know if there is a shuttle from Black Falcon into the down town area. I can only find info. about a shuttle if you take an excursion with Celebrity. Thank you for any information.

We have had several port calls in Boston when on Celebrity ships.  We did one in 2009, two in 2017 and two in 2018.  Celebrity sold shuttle tickets all five times from Black Falcon to a spot near Faneuil Hall.  The 2018 stops were on B2B cruises, and the location actually changed from the first cruise to the second, with the second location being much more convenient.

We were in Boston recently on Millennium (TA Crossing).   In Boston they had a free shuttle about every 20-30 minutes that dropped you off in front of the Aquarium.    It was designated as Quincy Market but we found that Quincy Market was a couple blocks away.  

We walked to Boston Commons and then followed the Freedom Trail -  very walkable. 

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

We were in Boston recently on Millennium (TA Crossing).  ...

Hello Jim:  Sometimes I really have to think about which ship I've been on recently -- and we only do 60  - 90 nights a year on Celebrity.  So I had to smile when I read this.  Yes, you were on the Millennium within the last six months and you did a TA crossing, but if you think about it you didn't do a TA on the Millennium.  Can't help but tease you a little!

Gerry

If there isn't a shuttle you can take public transportation. The Silver Line (a bus) leaves from Dry Dock Ave and will take you to South Station.  From there you can hop on the Red Line to Park Street which is at the edge of the Boston Common and the beginning of the Freedom Trail. Or you can get off at South Station and walk up the Rose Kennedy Greenway (along the harbor), past the Aquarium, and into the North End (old North Church, Paul Revere House, Copp's Burial Ground, and great Italian food).  The public transportation system, called the "T" has a great website www.mbta.com pick trip planner and you'll be able to map out your route to various sights. Boston is a easy city to walk around.  And if you are there in the summer make sure you ride the Swan Boats in the Public Garden (closest stop is Arlington St on the Green Line) but you can easily walk there from Park St Station.

1 hour ago, Northern Aurora said:

Hello Jim:  Sometimes I really have to think about which ship I've been on recently -- and we only do 60  - 90 nights a year on Celebrity.  So I had to smile when I read this.  Yes, you were on the Millennium within the last six months and you did a TA crossing, but if you think about it you didn't do a TA on the Millennium.  Can't help but tease you a little!

Gerry

Gerry ..... LOL   you are right it was Millennium to Japan and Silhouette for the TA.     I'm sure it has nothing do with age. 

5 hours ago, exbrit1941 said:

We will be on the Summit out of NJ in September stopping in Boston.Would any of you very kind folks know if there is a shuttle from Black Falcon into the down town area. I can only find info. about a shuttle if you take an excursion with Celebrity. Thank you for any information.

Thanks for posting this question. We are also doing the September New England/ Canada cruise on the Summit. Glad to read info others posted. 

12 hours ago, ericosmith said:

Never saw that when we were there in October.  As I recall the shuttle was $15 and stopped some distance from there at a bus park on JFK street.  

This was from Silhouette on the Beaches to Broadway Transatlantic in October.    I noticed in the post that the bus was supplied by the Port Operator.   

I think that if they had been charging $15 I would have used Uber instead. 

Edited by Jim_Iain