Feb and still nothing beyond May 2020??

Tarwood3

Has anyone received an email that perhaps I have missed? I’m surprised that nothing is out yet.  The only thing I have seen recently added is Sojourn’s Alaska summer itineraries....  Is it normally like this ? We are planners....we have booked into 2021 on other cruise lines, but if Seabourn offers something different or better , we would definitely substitute out what we already have booked.  We get a lot of emails and flyers in the mail still promoting a lot of availability on this summer’s cruises....I wonder if they are hesitant to release itineraries if there’s still a lot of availability on their current cruises.  Our last Seabourn cruise was nearly full...wonder if they are going out with a lot of empty cabins lately? Thoughts from more experienced Seabourners?

1 hour ago, Kayak lk said:

I spoke with our travel agent a few days ago and they said to expect a release of cruises in the next few weeks 

Lol, I heard in November that it would be December, then in December that it would be January and so on...a few more weeks just seems really behind the 8 ball...

I agree with you, Tarwood, that it is frustrating to “planners” like us not to be able to compare, well in advance, what each luxury line offers, and exactly when. SB is often late to post.

If we were both retired, however,  and superhealthy, we would not likely care as much about far in advance planning aspects and could book with shorter notice on cruises that do not quickly sell out,  as long as booking is  far enough ahead to get decently priced business class  airline seats on long hauls, (which can get ridiculous from my neck of the woods, e.g.,  when going to Australia or South Africa)  .

• Like 1

I also haven't seen the news they originally promised for December about the new expedition ships they announced last July. The first of those ships was slated to begin service in June 2021, so I wonder whether refining the timing on the new ship coming online has had something to do with finalizing the spring/summer 2021 schedule for the other ships.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, galeforce9 said:

No expedition ship news though

Only quoting you galeforce because CC will NOT let me simply respond.  Kind of like the horrid Seabourn website that just sits there and spins and spins and spins when I try to look at new cruises.  Really want to book next year BUT????  I thoughts our HOA website was bad but, Seabourn and now CC take the cake.  Shows thru November but, no cruises show up.

What's happening????

I'm able to see the cruises available for summer 2020 but only if I log in to my Seabourn account.  Then looking at the itineraries for each cruise involves lots of scrolling and clicking.  It's undoubtedly one of the worst websites I've ever seen.  It looks like the Mediterranean and Northern European itineraries (what we are interested in) are basically the same as this year.  I've looked at them a couple of times in the last few hours when I've had time and each time it seems a little more info has been added.  The old version of the website wasn't great, but it certainly was better than what's there now!

7 minutes ago, Sunviking said:

I'm able to see the cruises available for summer 2020 but only if I log in to my Seabourn account.  Then looking at the itineraries for each cruise involves lots of scrolling and clicking.  It's undoubtedly one of the worst websites I've ever seen.  It looks like the Mediterranean and Northern European itineraries (what we are interested in) are basically the same as this year.  I've looked at them a couple of times in the last few hours when I've had time and each time it seems a little more info has been added.  The old version of the website wasn't great, but it certainly was better than what's there now!

I am logged in and have tried several ways and all I get is the round and round blue and white circle.  Cannot get back to select the dates for the cruises we want.  Really awful!!

54 minutes ago, rallydave said:

I am logged in and have tried several ways and all I get is the round and round blue and white circle.  Cannot get back to select the dates for the cruises we want.  Really awful!!

I am not an IT person but I cleared my browser and it seemed to reset things.  I am using chrome.

34 minutes ago, cruising kirby said:

I am not an IT person but I cleared my browser and it seemed to reset things.  I am using chrome.

Thanks kirby, at first wasn't sure what to clear, was on Chrome so I tried IE and voila, cruises came up but, extremely clunky and could not get beyond the lowest suite in any category so tried clearing my cache in Chrome and now it came up too but, the website looked completely different than IE.  Same problem with trying to see a price for a Veranda beyond V1 and still clunky but, very different looking than IE  Couldn't find anything so far that interests me.

42 minutes ago, rallydave said:

Thanks kirby, at first wasn't sure what to clear, was on Chrome so I tried IE and voila, cruises came up but, extremely clunky and could not get beyond the lowest suite in any category so tried clearing my cache in Chrome and now it came up too but, the website looked completely different than IE.  Same problem with trying to see a price for a Veranda beyond V1 and still clunky but, very different looking than IE  Couldn't find anything so far that interests me.

Well I can't get anything on explorer so you  are doing better than me!  Chrome gets me basic information but the website really is a disaster.

12 hours ago, cruising kirby said:

Well I can't get anything on explorer so you  are doing better than me!  Chrome gets me basic information but the website really is a disaster.

To say the least about disaster.  Was able to determine this morning that the cruises displayed are in two completely different formats; the older way before the new 2020 cruises were added and the "new" way that is clunky beyond belief, does not show a map with the ports and does give two options for viewing the itinerary, both almost impossible to deal with for almost the same reason.  Trying to move around to see all of the ports is nigh on impossible.  What were these so called web designers thinking, I know, how bad can we develop this website so we can come back for more work to make it even worse!!!!

Oh, and almost forgot; have not been able to figure out how to see the prices or availability of anything but, the lowest ocean view or veranda suites.  No way to see or book others.

If I were Seabourn and these were employees designing the website, they would be fired and if contractors, the contract would be terminated post haste!!!!!!!

Edited by rallydave
More crappy website issues

• 2 weeks later...

Agree, the website is no longer user friendly.  I want to see everything on one page, but you have to scroll back and forth , up and down the screen for just one cruise.  Ports are often difficult to see.  Some maps load and some dont.  I have given up.  I will wait until the new cruises are posted on CruiseTimetables.com.  Much easier to scroll the cruises that way.