Tooth Issues and Food

jldvestal

Hello to everyone! My wife and I are going on the Allure the week of the 10th. She is currently in the middle of having Hybridge implants put in to replace her bottom teeth, and has temporary dentures in there now. My concern is that she can't chew a lot of foods as the dentures move around a lot. She has had about enough of the milk shakes, puddings, etc. Has anyone had this situation before and can tell me if the kitchen can prepare any special foods that she can chew okay that would still taste good (or as good as it will get!). Also, if anyone has any recommendations for any regular foods onboard that she could chew that would be appreciated too! Thanks!

Johnny Rockets has milkshakes and there is always soft serve ice cream. :classic_tongue:  I imagine there are lots of soft foods to be found for all meals that your wife could have as wendychloecruiser mentioned above such as soups, mashed potatoes, scrambled eggs, cheesecake... my mind keeps going back to dessert!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

Contact special_needs@rccl.com and explain the dietary requirements.  They will arange for you to be in touch with the dining people on board to make arrangements.

As usual, Bob has the right answer :).   You can also call special needs at 866-592-7225...    

Steve

6 hours ago, tallnthensome said:

I don’t believe the kitchen would have the time to dedicate someone to prepare special food/dinners just for your wife and her denture issues. That is asking a lot when thousands are on board. The buffet would be the best bet.

Not only has kitchen taken time to prepare foods for DH but chef came from kitchen to table to discuss options.

I have frequently requested food items not on menu when I did not care for what was being offered.  Never been told no.  Please, thank you and smiles often work wonders.

Park cafe has some really good soups! One night when I wasn’t feeling so hot, I asked for some chicken soup in the dining room and they brought it to me, no problem. It was so good!

I do have to agree that reaching out to special needs will take care of the problem. Also, the buffet would probably have some soft things to eat.

I do hope that she is able to enjoy her cruise! I know for most people, the food is part of the enjoyment of being on a cruise.