Drink Package

meslwd

39 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

Good advice and I will continue to monitor it.  My Celebrity cruise spoiled me so I guess I will fall into the drink package folks.  I can take my good champagne into the suite lounge if I desire to go in there.

I'm spoiled by Celebrity as well. Even with the inflated fare for the drink package it would have still cost me less to sail with them than Royal. It's a family cruise so Royal is a better fit for for the group.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Travelling this September from Galveston on the Enchantment of the Seas.  Saw the deluxe drink package at $49 per day.  This is the lowest I had seem it advertised at.   I booked, but will definitely watch to see if it goes lower, but for now, I am happy to have caught the break.  I think I can easily handle 4 to 5 drinks a day or more on sea days, so I think this one will pay ok.   

On ‎2‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 10:53 AM, rusty nut said:

Yea, it depends on the ship and the itinerary.

It truly must, I bought our for Allure on March 31st for $44.00.

I am guessing ship and perhaps how many port days. 

My advise is wait and keep checking prices. 

17 hours ago, Waycoolrob said:

It truly must, I bought our for Allure on March 31st for $44.00.

I am guessing ship and perhaps how many port days. 

My advise is wait and keep checking prices. 

We are doing a 12 day TA next March on Allure  with only 1 port day.  Do you think that will make the drink package cheaper or more expensive?

13 minutes ago, ChollaChick said:

We are doing a 12 day TA next March on Allure  with only 1 port day.  Do you think that will make the drink package cheaper or more expensive?

No way to know.

Our Rhapsody med course in May recently offered 30% off so it was a good deal similar to our Diamond  plus discount.

You do have to check regularly.. it’s all about supply and demand for  Royal.

good luck...

For my 15th of April Caribbean cruise it was 60 Australian + 18% per day so 71AUD which is roughly 50USD.

I worked out if the Missus had

1 wine at lunch  $12

3 cocktails by the pool $36

3 wines with dinner $36

1 Cappachino in the morning $4.25

4 bottles of water $13

Thats a total of $101 USD a day. PLUS 18% TIP!!! 120USD

And that's the total if we don't drink after dinner, which never happens. I know that 7 alcoholic drinks a day sounds like a a lot but you're on the boat all day (for sea days) and that isn't even one drink an hour from lunch on-wards. PLUS you are on holiday on a boat you don't have to drive any where you're in the Caribbean by the pool that's thirsty work.

Trust me if you drink get the package, paying 12 bucks a drink plus tip would make me feel ripped off all holiday.

JJJ

• Like 1

For our April cruise the deluxe package is $44, for our December cruise on the same ship the package is $55.  I expect that price will go down the closer we get.  We can get plenty of "free" water, coffee and iced tea, bring a couple bottles of wine and pay for a few drinks a lot cheaper than the package. We don't drink pop, juices or anything sweet except dry wine.

This may be a little off topic but here it goes. Kinda new to RCI. Can anyone tell me if RCI has something camparable to Carnival’s Bonvoyage program? If not familiar with it, it’s where you can order a 1L bottle of liquor that is delivered to your stateroom. Thanks. 

11 hours ago, 1PCcruiser said:

Can anyone tell me if RCI has something camparable to Carnival’s Bonvoyage program? If not familiar with it, it’s where you can order a 1L bottle of liquor that is delivered to your stateroom. 

A few ships have that but the bottle is much smaller.

On 2/21/2019 at 8:56 AM, parrotfeathers said:

Does the $52 cover debarkation day too?  I wouldn't drink that day.  I guess I could cancel after getting it but don't know if I should wait to board to get it.  This is for a 4 night cruise.  Comments welcome.

I don’t think they have booze on debarkation day.  However, I was able

to get a latte and bottle of water, using my package on debarkation day (I did this at the Cafe Promenade on Symphony last month).

Price for the drink packages will be higher on board.  If you want it, my advice is buy it now, and cancel/rebook it if the pre-cruise price goes down...  I’ve cancelled/rebooked many times, when I’ve seen excursions or the UDP or drink package go down in price.

11 hours ago, 1PCcruiser said:

This may be a little off topic but here it goes. Kinda new to RCI. Can anyone tell me if RCI has something camparable to Carnival’s Bonvoyage program? If not familiar with it, it’s where you can order a 1L bottle of liquor that is delivered to your stateroom. Thanks. 

On my last few cruises, I had the option to buy things like a bottle of rum with some cans of soda, for the room.  I’ve never done it.  This was available to purchase in the “gift” section...  

ok- just went to the site via my laptop.  I clicked on “plan my cruise”, scrolled to the bottom, clicked on Shop in the lower left hand corner.  Then, on the page that comes up, I clicked on onboard amenities. At the top, do Choose a Category, select onboard delivery.   Then, on the next screen, select choose a category->  wine cellar.  If you scroll down, you can then pick alcohol packages.  Lol!  Lots of steps 🙂. I see options for soda plus vodka, Bacardi gold, Bombay sapphire, and Johnnie walker red.  It looks like you can then order online.

16 hours ago, Saman said:

Ours for sailing in may is currently 44 dollars i'm sure before it was much more ,but i still don't think we drink enough for it to be worth while for us 

At that price break even is about 3.5 cocktails a day.  To me that is a no brainer.  A mimosa, two day drinks and a drink at dinner and you are even.  Add in the water, fresh juice, etc and there is almost no way to not break even unless you do not drink at all.  For me being able to try random drinks without risk is the best part of the package.  I recommend you buy at that price.

6&8

4 hours ago, vacationlover_mn said:

I don’t think they have booze on debarkation day.  However, I was able

to get a latte and bottle of water, using my package on debarkation day (I did this at the Cafe Promenade on Symphony last month).

I can't speak for other ships, but on the Adventure out of Bayonne, as soon as I got on, I had an adult beverage in my hand within 30 mins and the ship was still docked..  But on NCL cruises out of New York, I remember the ship had to be a certain distance away from the pier before drinks were able to get - package or not.  Is that a NJ or NY and/or RCL and NCL rule?  Anyone know?  I'm curious as I'm on the Anthem on 20 April and hope to repeat my 30-mins or less adult beverage in hand policy!  Lol

Edited by ScottVV

2 minutes ago, ScottVV said:

I can't speak for other ships, but on the Adventure out of Bayonne, as soon as I got on, I had an adult beverage in my hand within 30 mins..  But on NCL cruises out of New York, I remember the ship had to be a certain distance away from the pier before drinks were able to get - package or not.  Is that a NJ or NY and/or RCL and NCL rule?  Anyone know?  I'm curious as I'm on the Anthem on 20 April and hope to repeat my 30-mins or less adult beverage in hand policy!  Lol

Your drink package will be honored as soon as you step on the ship.

2 hours ago, sixesandeights said:

At that price break even is about 3.5 cocktails a day.  To me that is a no brainer.  A mimosa, two day drinks and a drink at dinner and you are even.  Add in the water, fresh juice, etc and there is almost no way to not break even unless you do not drink at all.  For me being able to try random drinks without risk is the best part of the package.  I recommend you buy at that price.

6&8

If it was just the 2 of us travelling probably yes but our 20 year old daughter will be with us and at the most she will drink one cocktail a day .

7 minutes ago, Saman said:

If it was just the 2 of us travelling probably yes but our 20 year old daughter will be with us and at the most she will drink one cocktail a day .

I am not sure what she has to do with this.....she is only 20.  She can't drink on Royal ships and wouldn't need to buy the package.

6&8

Edited by sixesandeights

4 minutes ago, sixesandeights said:

I am not sure what she has to do with this.....she is only 20.  She can't drink on Royal ships and wouldn't need to buy the package.

6&8

We are booking from Spain and when i clicked to buy it came up for the 3 of us not sure if also could be because its a European cruise.