Cruising to Antarctica and South America with many photos

scubacruiserx2

Just now, cat shepard said:

I am so glad the two of you took this trip & shared it with me.  Thank you again for doing this. And you owe yourselves a photo book of this trip!

Thank you Cat we are glad that you went along  and will do that . We are busy trying to finalize our cruise to Iceland and the Baltics . It looks expensive !

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 2/15/2019 at 8:42 AM, scubacruiserx2 said:

There were many bright colors like in the Caribbean and we had good light . A group of about 10 people from CC went together on the next 2 tours with Top Private Tours . 

We really liked our balcony . It was so nice to have food and a private bathroom only a couple of steps away .

Hi scubacruiserx2,

I'm reading your posts and enjoying your amazing photography. We are going to be on the Zaandam for South America/Antarctica in January 2020. I am interested in the many private tours you took. Would you share the contact information for Top Private Tours? I tried to Google it, but I could not find a specific tour operator with that name. If you prefer, you can email (in signature) me. THANKS! 

On 6/25/2019 at 9:41 PM, bobalink said:

Hi scubacruiserx2,

I'm reading your posts and enjoying your amazing photography. We are going to be on the Zaandam for South America/Antarctica in January 2020. I am interested in the many private tours you took. Would you share the contact information for Top Private Tours? I tried to Google it, but I could not find a specific tour operator with that name. If you prefer, you can email (in signature) me. THANKS! 

I actually found the website for Top Private Tours. https://www.*****.com/chile-shore-excursions

THANKS for all of the beneficial information and your excellent photos and videos. 

4 hours ago, bobalink said:

I actually found the website for Top Private Tours. https://www.*****.com/chile-shore-excursions

THANKS for all of the beneficial information and your excellent photos and videos. 

Super , you're welcome bobalink .

Edited by scubacruiserx2

• 1 month later...

We have been reviewing our last cruise on HAL to Norway and Iceland and just to contrast between them and SA / Antarctica .

Icelandic Glacier  

IMG_6484%202_zps7suj1kbq.jpg

Chilean Glacier

IMG_0111-002_zps25cde17a.jpg

Norwegian Fjords

IMG_4735%203_zpscsqau868.jpg

IMG_4732_zpsnqu2uuit.jpg

Chilean Fjords / Glacier Alley

IMG_9363-004_zps0ffe1287.jpg

fc7623f7-e8a6-4181-bb00-f7a3801cccc8_zps

IMG_1844-001_zps6c975036.jpg

Icelandic birds

IMG_7088%202_zpseplys0d4.jpg

IMG_5266_zpsjuzyd5xi.jpg

South American birds

IMG_5414_zpsyble9bqv.jpg

IMG_5265_zpstdh9zn6e.jpg

Any questions ?

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

1 hour ago, Riversedge said:

Scubacruiser, where was the picture taken of the Chilean glacier in post 614?  Such beautiful pictures. 

That's the Perito Moreno Glacier near El Calafate , Argentina . We spent a week there before the cruise and did a 3 glacier day cruise near there . It's at post # 47 . Here it is calving .

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hello!  I remember following your thread back when it was first being posted.  We are returning next December to the Antarctica cruise (Westerdam) and have six/seven days pre-cruise.  We really want to do Iguazu falls but the thought of Torres del Paine has also come up.  How many days did you use in total for travel to-from BA and touring Torres del Paine?

Of course, the climate is radically different between Iguazu and Torres del Paine!

Thank you!

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/10/2019 at 1:26 PM, StartrainDD said:

Hello!  I remember following your thread back when it was first being posted.  We are returning next December to the Antarctica cruise (Westerdam) and have six/seven days pre-cruise.  We really want to do Iguazu falls but the thought of Torres del Paine has also come up.  How many days did you use in total for travel to-from BA and touring Torres del Paine?

Of course, the climate is radically different between Iguazu and Torres del Paine!

Thank you!

Sorry we didn't get back sooner as we were on a cruise . Congratulations on your return trip . We used a travel day each way to El Calafate and the return to BA . We could have seen Perito Moreno on the first day but went to El Chalaten for an overnight . Torres Del Paine was about about 14-15 hour round trip from El Calafate . The Glacier cruise was about and 8 hour trip from El Calafate . HAL does a long day trip to Torres del Paine from Punta Arenas on a small plane and a bus through the park . They did have a nice sit down lunch in the park .

1 hour ago, scubacruiserx2 said:

Sorry we didn't get back sooner as we were on a cruise . Congratulations on your return trip . We used a travel day each way to El Calafate and the return to BA . We could have seen Perito Moreno on the first day but went to El Chalaten for an overnight . Torres Del Paine was about about 14-15 hour round trip from El Calafate . The Glacier cruise was about and 8 hour trip from El Calafate . HAL does a long day trip to Torres del Paine from Punta Arenas on a small plane and a bus through the park . They did have a nice sit down lunch in the park .

Thank you!  The more we looked at this the more it seemed we would need more days than we have.  Noticed you were traveling and posting again.  Hope that has been a wonderful trip!

51 minutes ago, StartrainDD said:

Thank you!  The more we looked at this the more it seemed we would need more days than we have.  Noticed you were traveling and posting again.  Hope that has been a wonderful trip!

You're welcome . There's lots to see and do in SA and on the cruise to Antarctica so bring money . 😊

We did enjoy the last cruise with a few hiccups . It was a bridge cruise to get to the next big cruise in April and May so now it's time to get serious with the planning ( and the paying ) before we go .